Is operating a boarding house a lifetime business?

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The key to the sustainability of a boarding house is for you to have a good caretaker who tries to fix things as soon as possible when they go bad. It could be a lifetime business.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.392
A boarding house is always full near or far from the school where most boarders are. Those employees rent a small flat to gain privacy. A boarding house could be by deck, depending on the request of the boarder. There is no boarding house that is empty. It is indeed lucrative.
It is like in my aunt's place. She is so near the university. In fact, there are some students renting her apartment. So, she decided to make them boarding house. She does earn a lot of money.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Definitely, this is also linked to real estate, so it would definitely be profitable and would also last for a very long period of time. The most Important thing is that the building is properly maintained.
It is also part of real estate business. anything that relates to real estate is actually profitable if done the right way.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.003
it is personal thing you can make it one as long as students are constantly moving in and out of school thee will always be need for accomodations all the time

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
it is personal thing you can make it one as long as students are constantly moving in and out of school thee will always be need for accomodations all the time
Even if the owner is no more, if the children can manage it well, they would still benefit from it. An apartment in school location wouldn't stay vacant for three days before someone pays for it.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I lived in a boarding house when I was on university and that was many years ago. Till today, the boarding house is still standing and the owner is still making money from it.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I lived in a boarding house when I was on university and that was many years ago. Till today, the boarding house is still standing and the owner is still making money from it.
Of course people make a lot of money from it but it must always be maintained if you want to continue attracting people. Constant maintenance is important and necessary.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.002
It is a good business for people who have houses near the school. One of my aunts is having this business now. Since she is a retired citizen of our coutry, she can have passive income from having a boarding house for the students.
It is my long dream to operate a barding house, but, there are no longer lots for sale near the school. The university is surrounded by malls, and gasoline stations and I never see lots for sale near the vicinity. Even in some matters away, there is none.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.392
It is my long dream to operate a barding house, but, there are no longer lots for sale near the school. The university is surrounded by malls, and gasoline stations and I never see lots for sale near the vicinity. Even in some matters away, there is none.
I personally think that land properties near schools are expensive. My aunt was so lucky because she was able to buy hers before the construction of the university school at her place.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.002
I personally think that land properties near schools are expensive. My aunt was so lucky because she was able to buy hers before the construction of the university school at her place.
Yes so expensive in millions despite small square meters only. Your aunt is lucky. I stop searching, there's none far or near the school.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$2.855
Raw Dex
$0.073
Operating a boarding house is obviously a life time business but in my view it is out of range for the people like us, those who live on rent, it will be a source of life time earning for those who can afford it.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Yes it can be a lifetime business. Some people build hostels are they make a lot of money. They just have to keep upgrading

It is simply more like investing in real estate as well because from my friends that are into it, they are making good money from such investment.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.050
I am wondering about the boarding house where I rented one room during college, it is still functioning. It is an apartment with 10 doors. I rented room number 5 on the second floor. I have a property I want to dispose of and have the proceeds to build a two-story building for rent for students who live far from the city. Do you think, I will not regret doing this? Will this be a lifetime business? Share me your thoughts.
I will advise you to go ahead with the plan. It will be a life long investment you will not regret. Once the environment is students area, you must definitely make it.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.002
I will advise you to go ahead with the plan. It will be a life long investment you will not regret. Once the environment is students area, you must definitely make it.
The problem is I cannot find a lot to buy. It seems people before have planned ahead on what to do with their property. I have been scouting and even asked for help from real estate brokers. There are lots for sale but kilometers away.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.861
That's a lifetime business ever. There hasn't been a lucrative and very profitable business as the renting out of the house rooms and apartments. It forms one of the main passive ways of income.

Back