Is the requirement for a medical examination an invasion of privacy?

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
There are some companies require their employees to undergo medical examination prior to the job requirement. Although some people think that it can invade the privacy of the people. It does not make sense because they claim that they are not going to work in a restaurant and the like. As for me, it should be carried out to prevent from spreading any illnesses that can be contagious i the company.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
It is actually not an invasion of privacy. It helps the organization to know how to manage you. Responsible organisations do this for the good of their employees.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
It is actually not an invasion of privacy. It helps the organization to know how to manage you. Responsible organisations do this for the good of their employees.
You are right
It is not bad but it is bad when they are trying to ask too much unreasonable questions

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
I have a friend that had a heart condition and he never knew. It was when he wa having his medicals in an organization that they hired him that it was found out.

jetsaints30

Somewhat Known
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
A requirement for a medical examination might seen as an invasion of privacy but it can also be necessary in some situations to ensure the safety of individuals and the workplace.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
Every chance one gets to examine his or her health should be grabbed with both hands. I feel it is even beneficial to the employee and not a privacy invasion. After all, it would be done by trained medical professionals.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
I also feel the same way. In fact, it is one of the reasons why I decided to work at home. The online companies do not need to require medical certificate to work with them.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
There are some companies require their employees to undergo medical examination prior to the job requirement. Although some people think that it can invade the privacy of the people. It does not make sense because they claim that they are not going to work in a restaurant and the like. As for me, it should be carried out to prevent from spreading any illnesses that can be contagious i the company.

It is not invasion of privacy to the best of my knowledge because your employer needs to know if you are medically fit to be hired to do some certain job that is required of you.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
You are right
It is not bad but it is bad when they are trying to ask too much unreasonable questions
I do think that it is not good if the medical information was shared within the company. A confidential thing that it should not be exposed. If they did, then it is a violation.
Post automatically merged:

I have a friend that had a heart condition and he never knew. It was when he wa having his medicals in an organization that they hired him that it was found out.
I guess it is also one of the reasons why companies need to know the health conditions of their newly hired employees. At least, he knows that he has this heart condition and would be given some medical attentions.

A requirement for a medical examination might seen as an invasion of privacy but it can also be necessary in some situations to ensure the safety of individuals and the workplace.
I am sure it is stricter nowadays. Because of this coronavirus, they need to undergo medical examination. It is not only for their own welfare, but for the others to be protected as much as possible.

Last edited:

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
I do think that it is not good if the medical information was shared within the company. A confidential thing that it should not be exposed. If they did, then it is a violation.

I guess it is also one of the reasons why companies need to know the health conditions of their newly hired employees. At least, he knows that he has this heart condition and would be given some medical attentions.

I am sure it is stricter nowadays. Because of this coronavirus, they need to undergo medical examination. It is not only for their own welfare, but for the others to be protected as much as possible.
You are right about this anything about our health should be confidential and not public

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
It is not invasion of privacy to the best of my knowledge because your employer needs to know if you are medically fit to be hired to do some certain job that is required of you.
It is important because if anything happens to you on the job or as a result of the job the organisation would answer for it.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
It is a correct thing to do proper medical examination before hiring anyone. I have heard cases of employers being called murderers and dragged because of an underlying medical condition of a staff.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.340
Raw Dex
$0.105
It is very common for companies here to require a potential employee to do a medical examination before joining the company. I do not consider that a privacy issue. Other than the concern of spreading diseases, the company needs to know if the employee is qualified to join their health insurance program.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$2.855
Raw Dex
$0.073
Sometime this kills the job of a person, I remember we were selected in gsk and all the things had done, finally the medical examination was left one of our colleague when passes through this he get informed that he has high blood pressure 110/170 so first he need to control his high bp then he will join. So after one month he again gone through that and after showing everything normal he get the job.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
I can never employ anyone without evaluating their medical state. You have to avoid stories at all cost. Even marriages, it is required that they do medical checkup, not to talk of a job.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.050
It is a necessary evil. It is proper that a organisation should take such measure to protect the workforce and secure the company from unexpected misfortunes. A sick worker can affect productivity and affect the overall performance of the company. Secondly, a company or organization will not sack a worker based on health ground without giving some monetary benefits.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
How can anyone think this wsy it iis not an invasion of privacy at all. how wikd the medical personnel know how to manage the situation it is for everyone good

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It depends on the medical tests. Women applicant must submit pregnancy tests as it's important to know the condition of your women workers. Chest x-ray is also important because illness associated with the lungs is contagious. Drug test must also be conducted.

Back