Is working with this shift system effective?

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Many companies implement a work schedule with a shift system, some divide the schedule into 2 or 3 shifts. I myself actually don't like working in a shift system, because when I'm changing shift schedules, I will feel very tired. For example, from the night shift, you immediately switch to the morning shift.

What do you think, is implementing a work schedule in a shift system effective, or implementing a fixed shift schedule without taking turns with other employees. Or just apply normal working hours, leaving early in the morning and returning in the evening for all employees?

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.830
Raw Dex
$0.228
I agree with you, it does enable workers to be strong as it would prevent them from over working themselves, This is because they do not need to work all round.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.010
A shift system allows for greater efficency and flexibility and makes the workplace desirable because the workload would be greatly reduced. However, we should recognise that not all companies can afford a shift system.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
A shift system allows for greater efficency and flexibility and makes the workplace desirable because the workload would be greatly reduced. However, we should recognise that not all companies can afford a shift system.
That's right, I agree with you. Companies that implement a shift system are usually large companies that have a high level of productivity, usually their working hours are 24 hours so they are divided into several shifts. So that workers can alternate with each other.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.355
Imo, working shifts don't prioritize effectiveness or ineffectiveness but rather human factors, no one can afford to work 24 hours a day, such as security jobs, police, hospitals, electricity companies etc.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.830
Raw Dex
$0.228
A shift system to me is a better option for workers it allows for greater efficency and flexibility. So it is worth adopting and makes the workplace desirable as well

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Imo, working shifts don't prioritize effectiveness or ineffectiveness but rather human factors, no one can afford to work 24 hours a day, such as security jobs, police, hospitals, electricity companies etc.
For some jobs that demand security and must be guarded for 24 hours, I don't think the effectiveness factor is considered. But for other businesses, in my opinion, they still consider the effectiveness factor, depending on the level of demand for a product. As in the factory there are those who apply a shift system, there are those who don't. Most stores do not implement a shift system because the transaction rate at night is not as busy as during the day. etc.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.830
Raw Dex
$0.228
I like the shift system and if I ever run a business it will be the shift system style that I will adopt for my business which will bring efficiency

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.770
There are multi-national companies in my country applying the night shift work. It is very necessary, especially in the canning department. They need to make the processing on time to avoid bad exposures like the giant company DEL MONTE PHILIPPINES, INCORPORATED. It is now managed by Americans.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There are multi-national companies in my country applying the night shift work. It is very necessary, especially in the canning department. They need to make the processing on time to avoid bad exposures like the giant company DEL MONTE PHILIPPINES, INCORPORATED. It is now managed by Americans.
It is true that most multinational companies implement a shift system, due to the high market demand for their products. They have to get it done in a timely manner, so as not to be abandoned by customers because the product is unable to meet their market needs.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.355
For some jobs that demand security and must be guarded for 24 hours, I don't think the effectiveness factor is considered. But for other businesses, in my opinion, they still consider the effectiveness factor, depending on the level of demand for a product. As in the factory there are those who apply a shift system, there are those who don't. Most stores do not implement a shift system because the transaction rate at night is not as busy as during the day. etc.
Of course there are implementation of different shift models, especially for hotels, restaurants or factories where they will apply different shift models, such as On-Call Shift, On-Call Shift, Fixed Shift, Rotating Shift etc. Of course the company will choose the type of model according to effectiveness employee work.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Of course there are implementation of different shift models, especially for hotels, restaurants or factories where they will apply different shift models, such as On-Call Shift, On-Call Shift, Fixed Shift, Rotating Shift etc. Of course the company will choose the type of model according to effectiveness employee work.

Yes you're right. All of that is tailored to the needs of the business. There is also a workforce on call system, where they are only called to work when there is a need. Example: AC repair services, building renovation services, etc.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.070
Actually the shift system can't really favour everyone , for instance, using myself as an example ,I won't prefer working at night and would see it as being cheated when some work in the morning.
Many companies implement a work schedule with a shift system, some divide the schedule into 2 or 3 shifts. I myself actually don't like working in a shift system, because when I'm changing shift schedules, I will feel very tired. For example, from the night shift, you immediately switch to the morning shift.

What do you think, is implementing a work schedule in a shift system effective, or implementing a fixed shift schedule without taking turns with other employees. Or just apply normal working hours, leaving early in the morning and returning in the evening for all employees?

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Actually the shift system can't really favour everyone , for instance, using myself as an example ,I won't prefer working at night and would see it as being cheated when some work in the morning.

I also really don't like working with a shift system, because at night I get sleepy easily so I prefer to do activities in the morning to evening. But sometimes this cannot be chosen, the superior's rules must still be obeyed.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.770
It is true that most multinational companies implement a shift system, due to the high market demand for their products. They have to get it done in a timely manner, so as not to be abandoned by customers because the product is unable to meet their market needs.
Their processing is too fast because of the demand and supply from other countries and locally. My sister works as a chemist in DEL MONTE PHILS., INC. and they are required to analyze the products very carefully to avoid entry of bacteria.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.020
For me I would really like to work in based in shifts basis. I find it more conveniently to change shifts while working. This however gives me the flexibility of time to do my side hustles rather than sticking on the same working schedule.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.770
I prefer the day shift. I feel groggy when I lack a few hours of sleep. I better sleep late than no sleep the whole, evening. We might be sick, but others who are used to it, never care.

Back