Is Youtube actually a passive income?

Abdul01

Unfamiliar
May 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In order to earn from youtube you will have to shoot videos, edit videos, publish videos, and do SEO and digital, marketing. You will also have to work regularly to build views, and thus be able to earn money. Making money from youtube is not completely a passive income source.
Making money from YouTube may not be termed as a passive Income especially at first when started , you need to put it lot of effort just to make sure you get it right, after some period of time then you start earning with just little effort which is similar to being passive.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$1.170
Raw Dex
$2.870
True, it might take 6-7 months just to get your channel monetized. You might have to publish 60-70 videos just to show ads on your videos. There is a lot fo work to do. However, you will start earning from your older content once you are able to build subscribers, which is kind of passive income.

Rubz

Somewhat Known
Sep 12, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
YouTube can provide a source of passive income but it depends on certain factors like the type of content you create, how often you upload, the size of your audience and others.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.778
YouTube income is a very passive income source in deed. For one to earn on the YouTube video uploads they must really work hard on the SEO, editing and building a larger fan base by doing campaign and promotion on other social media platforms which is capital intensive.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There are many people who run a channel and they have a team of people who may help them earn money on YouTube. Such content creators usually pay people in order to get content prepared. So yes, they do generate a passive income stream.

uptrendfinancialsignal

Nov 24, 2022
Dex
$3.657
Raw Dex
$0.001
There are many people who run a channel and they have a team of people who may help them earn money on YouTube. Such content creators usually pay people in order to get content prepared. So yes, they do generate a passive income stream.
A lot of people still claim that YouTube channel is not a passive income source and I want to believe in their assertions because if you stop producing videos on YouTube, it will stop promoting your content and you will not make money from it.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In order to earn from youtube you will have to shoot videos, edit videos, publish videos, and do SEO and digital, marketing. You will also have to work regularly to build views, and thus be able to earn money. Making money from youtube is not completely a passive income source.
well to me I don't think YouTube is a passive source of income because it requires a lot of time and requires a lot of energy is required a lot of work to be done before one gets to end and it and it is just like a normal 30 days work with we get paid at the end of the month when you do a government job.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$1.170
Raw Dex
$2.870
A lot of people are using Youtube as a business platform. They have started a company just to create content and publish it on youtube. If you have money and if you can set up a good team, it can certainly become a good passive income source.

freelancermaria

Notable
Oct 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.508
YouTube is a good source of passive income. My classmate way back in college earns from it - despite posting her videos over 6 years ago. It is something I'd like to do in the future, too. However, I do not know my niche just yet.

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
For users who have already established themselves and attracted a critical mass of subscribers, the path of monetising content on youtube qualifies as a passive source of income.
In that case, I think the key is having the requisite discipline to build your channel over time, which can take many months. After this, you are in the passive income earning gravy train.

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes it can be used as a passive income you can still make money from the old videos posted on the site or channel. you would continue to earn on old videos.
Yes but you need to post every 6 months if you want to make money you still need to update and post videos time to time to get revenue peaple don't like when you upload videos once every 6 months they can just forget about you

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
YouTube is a good source of passive income. My classmate way back in college earns from it - despite posting her videos over 6 years ago. It is something I'd like to do in the future, too. However, I do not know my niche just yet.

So, what is the current progress of the channel? Was she uploading videos for six years? Has she managed to gain subscribers? YouTube has made their policies stricter. Now they tend to monetise your channel after you fulfil their lengthy list of requirements.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
Yeah a lot of people I know are using this method as a source of passive income you need to set it up In such a way that you can make money from passive income.
I have a friend who has a YouTube channel, though she is into catering, so she usually hold cooking classes on YouTube then she also post contents about her day to day life, from her engagement to marriage and everything.

Juliettka

Complete Stranger
Jul 8, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have a youtube channel. It has monetization enabled. He brings me about 50 dollars every month (sometimes 60), but for a year now I have not uploaded new videos to this YouTube channel. So YouTube channel is a good place for passive income, if you know how to shoot great videos, then YouTube can be a replacement for your main job.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.898
Yes that should be like a lifestyle channel where you talk about your day to day activities and upload videos about it. You can keep money off it if people keep watching even the old videos

Juliettka

Complete Stranger
Jul 8, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes that should be like a lifestyle channel where you talk about your day to day activities and upload videos about it. You can keep money off it if people keep watching even the old videos
It can be not only a channel about life. In principle, you can create videos about any of your hobbies or even record your pets on YouTube. Although I even saw guys who worked on a cow farm and recorded cows. Strange, but they became dollar millionaires on such content.

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I agree with you. But the truth of the matter is that there is true passive income earning strategy. Every passive income still need constant updating and revision to be able to yield expected gains. YouTube and blogging are partial passive income source.
Yes you can earn without posting for 6 months if I'm not wrong and then you need to update your channel if you want to make money also people don't really like when you update once in half year lol šŸ˜‚

Juliettka

Complete Stranger
Jul 8, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes you can earn without posting for 6 months if I'm not wrong and then you need to update your channel if you want to make money also people don't really like when you update once in half year lol šŸ˜‚
No, for the first time, I hear about the fact that you need to update your channel. I have not uploaded new videos for a year, but the income went on as before. If the audience would have supported me more, then I would not have abandoned my channel.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have a youtube channel. It has monetization enabled. He brings me about 50 dollars every month (sometimes 60), but for a year now I have not uploaded new videos to this YouTube channel. So YouTube channel is a good place for passive income, if you know how to shoot great videos, then YouTube can be a replacement for your main job.

How many subscribers do you have? Your income also depends on your watching hours as well. So, how many watching hours have you received on your channel? These are some of the most important things you must know if you run a YouTube channel.

Juliettka

Complete Stranger
Jul 8, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
How many subscribers do you have? Your income also depends on your watching hours as well. So, how many watching hours have you received on your channel? These are some of the most important things you must know if you run a YouTube channel.
I don't have a small number of subscribers, but they don't make much of a difference because almost all of my income comes from unsubscribed viewers. About 10 thousand hours of views per year. It's not much, but I don't record new videos since the war started in my country.

Back