Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
You are right
You will not have any reason to work under any kind of boss.
Self-employment is very necessary and useful because when you are self-employed there are so many advantages that you're going to get from it. If you are self-employed, it will afford you the opportunity to do things at your own pace and you will be able to schedule your plans by yourself.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.394
I'm not self employed but I admire those self employed individuals. They're contented of their income and feel happy without a boss to dominate. However, not all self employed live in luxury many are struggling.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't subscribe to this school of thought that self employment is a must. I believe in individual differences and capabilities. There are some people who can never be entrepreneurs. Highest they can do is be investors.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Self employment is good provided you have the skills and resources to establish it. You don't just Harbour the idea of self employment without taking actions. Taking action do not mean you should quit your jobs when you don't have the resources. Make adequate provisions before quitting.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
I'm not self employed but I admire those self employed individuals. They're contented of their income and feel happy without a boss to dominate. However, not all self employed live in luxury many are struggling.
That's right I agree with you. Many self-employed people struggle with every predicament they face every day. They don't have the options or the skills to work in people's places. This situation forced him to become an entrepreneur even though it was difficult, he still survived to make ends meet.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That's right I agree with you. Many self-employed people struggle with every predicament they face every day. They don't have the options or the skills to work in people's places. This situation forced him to become an entrepreneur even though it was difficult, he still survived to make ends meet.
But do you believe that it was not meant for everyone to be entrepreneurs? Some people are actually designed to be perfect employees and that is what their skill set and characteristics can carry. They would fail in any business they enter.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
But do you believe that it was not meant for everyone to be entrepreneurs? Some people are actually designed to be perfect employees and that is what their skill set and characteristics can carry. They would fail in any business they enter.
That's right I agree with you. I believe it. But if someone does not have the skills to support working in other people's places, it is difficult for him to get a job. So, he runs his own business even though he has to struggle, at least he can still make money from the business even if it doesn't make him rich.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Anyone that is able to turn in a profit in business has business skills then. What I meant is that there are people that don't have the innovation, resilience and the patience to face what we business people face on a daily basis.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
Anyone that is able to turn in a profit in business has business skills then. What I meant is that there are people that don't have the innovation, resilience and the patience to face what we business people face on a daily basis.
Oh yes, there are people who really can't run any business, because they don't have business skills. People like that are better off working for other people than continuing to build a business that often fails.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Oh yes, there are people who really can't run any business, because they don't have business skills. People like that are better off working for other people than continuing to build a business that often fails.
And have we also considered that if everyone turns to an entrepreneur, who would work for us? We would open businesses and we can't find staff to employ. That is why we have a mix of people in the world. To make it balanced. Some are entrepreneurs and some are employees.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
And have we also considered that if everyone turns to an entrepreneur, who would work for us? We would open businesses and we can't find staff to employ. That is why we have a mix of people in the world. To make it balanced. Some are entrepreneurs and some are employees.
That's right I agree with you. Unfortunately the problem is when most people want to be employees, while there are few jobs. Thus causing a new problem, namely increasing unemployment. Therefore, in this digital era, we are required to be creative and innovative in order to be able to build our own business, at least to provide jobs for ourselves.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In as much as that is so true, it is just that the educational system messed up our psyche to believe that life is all about jobs. But if 10 people out of 50 set up a business and employ 5 people, unemployment would be eliminated. The problem had always been that everyone had always wanted to be an employee. No extreme between many employees and many entrepreneurs is good. Balance is the key.
That's right I agree with you. Unfortunately the problem is when most people want to be employees, while there are few jobs. Thus causing a new problem, namely increasing unemployment. Therefore, in this digital era, we are required to be creative and innovative in order to be able to build our own business, at least to provide jobs for ourselves.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
In as much as that is so true, it is just that the educational system messed up our psyche to believe that life is all about jobs. But if 10 people out of 50 set up a business and employ 5 people, unemployment would be eliminated. The problem had always been that everyone had always wanted to be an employee. No extreme between many employees and many entrepreneurs is good. Balance is the key.
That's right I agree with you. Such is the reality of school children. Their desire is mostly to work for other people. Back when I was in school, almost 95% aspired to become employees with various professions such as doctors, teachers, soldiers, etc. Very few even almost no one mentions aspiring to be a businessman.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That's right I agree with you. Such is the reality of school children. Their desire is mostly to work for other people. Back when I was in school, almost 95% aspired to become employees with various professions such as doctors, teachers, soldiers, etc. Very few even almost no one mentions aspiring to be a businessman.
I think the tide is changing now. You see Kids now opting for skills so that they can use it to make money for themselves. All we dreamt about then was to sit in an office.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$2.925
Raw Dex
$0.013
Self employment keeps us out of worries, as we remain our own boss, we set our own timings, but it's positive or negative effect vary from person to person as some people need pressure to work hard, so this types of work make them lazy.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
I think the tide is changing now. You see Kids now opting for skills so that they can use it to make money for themselves. All we dreamt about then was to sit in an office.
Maybe so. Because I saw my nephew who is still in kindergarten. He even made his own toys and sold them at school to his friends. I'm sure he had a business soul from an early age. LOL

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Maybe so. Because I saw my nephew who is still in kindergarten. He even made his own toys and sold them at school to his friends. I'm sure he had a business soul from an early age. LOL
I personally would teach my children about business from a very young age. I would let them choose if they want to be employees later on life but I must lay an entrepreneurial foundation and help them build characteristics of entrepreneurship at a young age.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
I personally would teach my children about business from a very young age. I would let them choose if they want to be employees later on life but I must lay an entrepreneurial foundation and help them build characteristics of entrepreneurship at a young age.
That's right I agree with you. I will also do the same as you. It is very important to build an entrepreneurial spirit in children from an early age. So that he knows that making money is not easy so that they will value money.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
I don't subscribe to this school of thought that self employment is a must. I believe in individual differences and capabilities. There are some people who can never be entrepreneurs. Highest they can do is be investors.
It is not a must because it is not everyone who can run a business. There are a lot of people who are not self employed and I can say that they are doing very well and better than those who are self employed

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.190
It is not a must because it is not everyone who can run a business. There are a lot of people who are not self employed and I can say that they are doing very well and better than those who are self employed
But a job is never enough to secure your present and your future. Even if you can't be an active entrepreneur, you can at least invest. Jobs would ultimately come to a retirement point someday.

Back