Should companies spy on their employees on social media?

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.180
True but i think it still depends on the kind of arrangements. There are some companies who take their reputation seriously hence they let their employees know that their social media might be check randomly to ensure that they don't do anything that would spoil the reputation of the company. Especially in a situation where you are working or being used as the face of the company in terms of ambassador and so on. But it becomes wrong when the company does not let the employees know.
It's a case to case then however, there was one time I posted on Facebook about one act in the university I disliked and after some minutes my boss reacted but I refuted her.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.463
Yeah, that's the truth, I always believe people's post and their activities on social media just portrays who they really are and that's why we shouldn't engage in unnecessary things on our social media platform because the internet never forgets them.
A lot of people have lost certain positions simply because they made a post online that was either indecent or goes against what they are applying for.

AmazingJob

Notable
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.585
I don't think not all companies do that. Maybe others will check their employees social media 1. to check if the person is telling the truth (LOL) 2. if the employee is no show - manager can check whether he/she is really out sick (another LOL)

Back