Should I hire family members to work for me in a business?

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$1.050
Raw Dex
$0.025
I often see in a small or a large business, the owner keeps his family member at keen levels, maybe because of the trust. Most of us trust our family members no doubt in it.

But is it fine to do that in many cases I have heard that family members betray you as they know about your personal life too? If I were having a business I would hesitate to hire my family member in a business, what about you?

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.770
Never hesitate to hire your family member's sister or brother for they are our blood and do not listen to gossip that they betray us. Let us not allow negative people to kill our dreams. In my milk tea business, it is my elder sister manages and she never has a single cent hoarded. Do not listen to others , listen to your conscience.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$0.810
Raw Dex
$0.040
People are hiring their son, daughter mostly because income goes to home where they jointly live and no one cheat each other. Yes we have listen some thing negative about other relatives.

rubesh

Notable
Dec 18, 2022
Dex
$0.020
Raw Dex
$0.000
Hiring family members to work for you in a business can be both beneficial and risky. On the plus side, family members often have a strong sense of loyalty and may be more committed to the job than non-family employees. They also may be more willing to go the extra mile and put in more effort than non-family employees. On the other hand, there are risks associated with hiring family members in a business. It can be difficult to maintain a professional relationship as family dynamics may interfere. There may also be conflict if one family member is seen as receiving preferential treatment. Additionally, family members may feel pressure to work for free for the business or be expected to do more than non-family employees. Ultimately, hiring family members in a business should be carefully considered with an understanding of both the benefits and risks.

freelancermaria

Notable
Oct 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.770
When a company is looking for applicants to fill a position, they conduct several types of background checks on them to learn about their past actions and experiences. It's possible that you won't be able to recognize a poor hire given the haste with which you're trying to do this check. But there is never a need for something like this while dealing with relatives.

Imran Noori

Notable
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I often see in a small or a large business, the owner keeps his family member at keen levels, maybe because of the trust. Most of us trust our family members no doubt in it.

But is it fine to do that in many cases I have heard that family members betray you as they know about your personal life too? If I were having a business I would hesitate to hire my family member in a business, what about you?
If you can trust them then it is ok to hire them but most of the time people don't hire their family members.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000

I will hire family members within my immediate family like my own brother never outside not even cousins.
Post automatically merged:

I will hire family members within my immediate family like my own brother never outside not even cousins.

I agree, because of the trust we have for members of the family, we can keep them to part of the staff.
We remove them once the trust is broken.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I used to work for a family corporation and they only get immediate family member only the sons not even in laws. They give us high positions even if we're not a family member.

I used to work for a family corporation and they only get immediate family member only the sons not even in laws. They give us high positions even if we're not a family member.
That is why it they hire people from their family because it in important to do. Maybe they can save from the hiring process.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.918
Though in most cases it would be better to not hire your family members when it comes to work. But then again it depends on your family. If you are sure they are people you can work with, then do not let the issue of family stop you.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
If you trust that particular family member then there is no harm in trying them and in case you don't like their work then you can easily replace

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020

The wise thing to do would actually be for you to look for an outsider to work for you but in a situation whereby your family member is dedicated to work for you, you can actually give the person a chance to prove it.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't do family members in business. They don't always display professionalism. After all, it is their brother that owns the business. I rather hire people that I can fire with a clear mind.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000

As for me, there is nothing wrong with recruiting workers from family members, as long as they are professional. And we have to apply strict sanctions if they do something that is detrimental to business, if they don't want to follow the consequences of business sanctions then it is better to fire them.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If you are just starting a business and you don't have a large pocket, it is best to hire family members to work for you. They would understand you perfectly and manage till you stand on your feet.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.770
In my business, it is my sister that I hired. I trusted my sister more than anyone else. Selling milk tea deals with payments of milk tea drinkers. It is not good to hire outsiders.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If you are just starting a business and you don't have a large pocket, it is best to hire family members to work for you. They would understand you perfectly and manage till you stand on your feet.
Yes you are right, I totally agree with you. That's what I do in my business. I asked for help from my family to complete an order from my online store. Because I am still pioneering and have not been able to pay employee salaries.

Back