The business of a cobbler/ shoe mender.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If i may ask, why are they not popular as before?. It seems that people in your city no longer repair their shoes so much.
They are still popular in Nigeria o. Everywhere you go, you come across them hawking along the streets. The amazing part of it is that it is done by the Niger Citizens living in Nigeria.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$1.590
Yeah, that's technological advancement. In this part of the word laundering is also declining little by little because some people make use of washing machines now.
I think it has been many years that people are using them. Although for shoe cleaning and the like, there are some shops that are venturing into this business. In fact, one of the shops was newly opened last week. Let's see if it will gain profit and successful.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The thing is that this little jobs come with good money.People always repair their shoes everyday. ao shoe repairers they make a lot of money from the business. it is worth a try.
That's true, people that does the business makes a lot of profit from it. Shoes is something people cannot do without and those who are into the business makes a lot profit from it.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$3.730
Raw Dex
$0.080
Definitely, I see these people that does the business and I know they do makes a lot of profit from it. people cannot do without repairing their shoes that's just it

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$1.590
That's true, people that does the business makes a lot of profit from it. Shoes is something people cannot do without and those who are into the business makes a lot profit from it.
Time had changed. I still remember that my granny used to have a shoe shop and the shoes are locally made. Now, her shop and the others died naturally because of the in-stores in malls and online shops.

Alberello75

Somewhat Known
Jan 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In Italy the job of the shoe repairer has now faded. To manufacture shoes, disposable synthetic materials are used nowadays. So the cost of the repair would be higher than buying a new pair of shoes.
I'm sorry, may I know what materials are used to make shoes in your country?
Thank you

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I have a friend who makes shoes and I can tell you that he maximizes profit from the business. He uses social media to advertise the products and makes a lot of money.

Advertising is very important in any kind of business and I believe that it is also important in this kind of business even doing it both offline as well.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.193
In Italy the job of the shoe repairer has now faded. To manufacture shoes, disposable synthetic materials are used nowadays. So the cost of the repair would be higher than buying a new pair of shoes.
I'm sorry, may I know what materials are used to make shoes in your country?
Thank you
I can now see why Italian shoes are cheaper than the local shoes made in my country. I have always been wondering why our locally made shoes are always double the price of Italian shoes.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$3.730
Raw Dex
$0.080
Sure , Advertising is very important in any kind of business as such this one will need it too. One still need to advertise for people to know and patronise

Alberello75

Somewhat Known
Jan 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I can now see why Italian shoes are cheaper than the local shoes made in my country. I have always been wondering why our locally made shoes are always double the price of Italian shoes.
You said right. In Italy we have suffered competition from Chinese manufacturing. This does not only apply to shoes, in fact most of the products present here are imported. Unfortunately here, there are very few products left with the real brand "Made in Italy" 😥😥

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Time had changed. I still remember that my granny used to have a shoe shop and the shoes are locally made. Now, her shop and the others died naturally because of the in-stores in malls and online shops.
Things like that always happens because time changes. There are still some countries where local shoe stores still makes a lot of profit.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That is for professional shoe makers that can create a design and work it out. The cobblers that just mend shoes can't do this.
Richmen don't mend their shoes but buy new. Even not many rich people consulted the indigenous shoe makers and buy shoes from them in order to encourage them, but would rather prefer to buy imported shoes.
You can only found local shoes in local stores and open markets.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Richmen don't mend their shoes but buy new. Even not many rich people consulted the indigenous shoe makers and buy shoes from them in order to encourage them, but would rather prefer to buy imported shoes.
You can only found local shoes in local stores and open markets.
Who told you that rich men do not mend their shoes?. Most rich people always try as much as possible to conserve their resources and mending their shoes is not a big deal. I have seen so many of them.

Alberello75

Somewhat Known
Jan 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Who told you that rich men do not mend their shoes?. Most rich people always try as much as possible to conserve their resources and mending their shoes is not a big deal. I have seen so many of them.
The most classic answer is that rich people can buy new and expensive shoes and change them when they decide. While the classic poor people (and I mean also those with low / middle income), sometimes have to resort to accommodating those already in their possession, because they have no possibility of buying new ones.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$3.730
Raw Dex
$0.080
I want to believe that both the rich and poor people always try as much as possible to conserve their resources so each will want to mend their shoes alike

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$3.730
Even it is not correct since he was a shoe seller not manager, when somebody talk about business with shoes my first idea is Al Bundy. Popular show about poor shoe seller for minimum wage.

Back