The business of a cobbler/ shoe mender.

Alberello75

Somewhat Known
Jan 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I want to believe that both the rich and poor people always try as much as possible to conserve their resources so each will want to mend their shoes alike
Here in Italy, as I said in my prev post, the shoemaker's trade no longer exists. We are now in a throw-away system! But I kindly ask you, in your country is it still possible for you to take your shoes to be repaired?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$3.730
Here in Italy, as I said in my prev post, the shoemaker's trade no longer exists. We are now in a throw-away system! But I kindly ask you, in your country is it still possible for you to take your shoes to be repaired?
Same thing in your neighbour country Croatia. Hello neighbour! We also just throw shoes. But most of shoes you can't repair since those are just glued and materials are not possible glue again or sew.

Alberello75

Somewhat Known
Jan 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Indeed also these appears to be by Chinese manufacturing. Plastic, rubber and other synthetic materials, I suppo0
Same thing in your neighbour country Croatia. Hello neighbour! We also just throw shoes. But most of shoes you can't repair since those are just glued and materials are not possible glue again or sew.

Indeed that too appears to be Chinese manufacturing. Plastic, rubber and synthetic materials, I believe are among the most used materials for industrial production on a large scale.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$3.730
Indeed that too appears to be Chinese manufacturing. Plastic, rubber and synthetic materials, I believe are among the most used materials for industrial production on a large scale.
There was a researcg how clothes become one of bigger eco threats and now countrys must regulate materials in clothers ans shooes. Also I saw some campaigns not change clothhes to often than exchange it with others. It involve shoe to.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
They are still popular in Nigeria o. Everywhere you go, you come across them hawking along the streets. The amazing part of it is that it is done by the Niger Citizens living in Nigeria.
I've actually seen a lot of them that are hawking such in my area and I actually patronized some of them because they had good product to sell.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$3.730
Raw Dex
$0.100
Sure, in my country it still possible for one to take your shoes to be repaired by any shoe memder ad they are called here you can easily get your shoes repaired

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The most classic answer is that rich people can buy new and expensive shoes and change them when they decide. While the classic poor people (and I mean also those with low / middle income), sometimes have to resort to accommodating those already in their possession, because they have no possibility of buying new ones.
You're right, rich people have a lot of disposable income and they can afford almost everything they need. But poor people always find it difficult to do that.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The most classic answer is that rich people can buy new and expensive shoes and change them when they decide. While the classic poor people (and I mean also those with low / middle income), sometimes have to resort to accommodating those already in their possession, because they have no possibility of buying new ones.
It is not that the less privileged are so impoverished to the extent they can not buy new shoes that is why they have been repairing their shoes. Shoes are unlike clothes. If the rate at which one possess clothes is the same rate he possess shoes, wouldn't that be amazing?.

uptrendfinancialsignal

Well Known
Nov 24, 2022
Dex
$0.004
Raw Dex
$0.121
It is not that the less privileged are so impoverished to the extent they can not buy new shoes that is why they have been repairing their shoes. Shoes are unlike clothes. If the rate at which one possess clothes is the same rate he possess shoes, wouldn't that be amazing?.
To buy new shoes is difficult for so many people because poverty is really ravaging the economies of the developing countries.

Alberello75

Somewhat Known
Jan 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
@Chibson Unfortunately today more than ever there is an abysmal difference in level between the rich who practically lack for nothing, and the poor where some are truly reduced to misery!

@hastral45 I agree that clothes change much more frequently than shoes, so it it's obvious that no one can own a pair of shoes for every outfit that he/she has.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
To buy new shoes is difficult for so many people because poverty is really ravaging the economies of the developing countries.
That is the problem of Africa generally. Poverty has eaten deeply and our governments are playing politics with it. Most of poverty eradication programs initiated by them have political undertone.
Well, as for this topic, average family prefer consulting cobblers to repair their wards shoes rather than buy them new ones.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$3.833
I have a friend who makes shoes and I can tell you that he maximizes profit from the business. He uses social media to advertise the products and makes a lot of money.
Nice one, gone are the days where people see shoe making as a poor man's job. Everything these days is all about how you package, market and promote the business.

gammarays

Notable
Sep 15, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Shoe cobbling is more profitable when it's combined with selling shoes. If you're a good cobbler, you'll be getting a lot of customers and their rates are higher now with the rising cost of inflation.

Alberello75

Somewhat Known
Jan 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
From what I know, women have an unbridled pleasure for the shoes, both summer and winter. As prices rise, not all of them will be able to keep up with the times of changing fashion.
So I would ask the ladied presents in this thread, if they share this opinion.
Thank you.

flower

Notable
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.004
Raw Dex
$0.001
Shoe cobbling is more profitable when it's combined with selling shoes. If you're a good cobbler, you'll be getting a lot of customers and their rates are higher now with the rising cost of inflation.
Normally,.most of them engaged in selling shoes because it's an additional way to make income as well .

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Nice one, gone are the days where people see shoe making as a poor man's job. Everything these days is all about how you package, market and promote the business.
Probably, if you are able to package yourself well in the business you're going to maximize profit. Of course people who venture into it makes a lot of money. It is not a poor man's business at all.

Back