What consequences could there be if sales targets are not met?

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
Some salespeople may find it intimidating to meet their sales goals, especially if, as is frequently the case, doing so is essential to their livelihood. Salesmanship requires organization and training, much like many other vocations, and it is the responsibility of the management to ensure that their team members are well-equipped to meet the objectives established for them. A salesman must schedule their day so that it includes client research, scheduled interaction with clients, cold calls, and sales presentations in order to fulfill their goals.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Some salespeople may find it intimidating to meet their sales goals, especially if, as is frequently the case, doing so is essential to their livelihood. Salesmanship requires organization and training, much like many other vocations, and it is the responsibility of the management to ensure that their team members are well-equipped to meet the objectives established for them. A salesman must schedule their day so that it includes client research, scheduled interaction with clients, cold calls, and sales presentations in order to fulfill their goals.

I believe that it is the obvious reasons which is that you are not going to be able to make the required profit target you are looking forward to in your business.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If the products have limited lifespan or shelf life it will become a burdensome inventory if not sold, same way with other non perishable products the cost of money spent on producing them has depleted in value.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
There is no need for berating anyone for not making sales. Market trends can affect the business and it is difficult to sell. Just tell them to try harder next time.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
The company will not make enough sales and they may not be able to pay their workers salary.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.571
It depends on the nature of the business a person undertakes. For instance those working for organisations, that can mean a reduction on their earnings. For the self employed that can mean losses and they should pull up their SOCs on the next round.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.050
This is one of the reason I hate marketing and salesmanship. Some company use to give salespeople high target that is not easy to be achieved. Through this process, they use and dump most of the sales reps. It is quite disheartening .

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.712
The consequence would be, no commission for the sales department. Then their targets will be doubled in the next month. It is best for the people in the sales department to student techniques and do list the possible prospects.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
If sales targets are not met the consequences are already spelt out for the sales rep.
I do think it will be a great pressure for those people who are working on sales. They need to keep on achieving the quota as much as possible. That is what signed for with their current companies.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.712
This is one of the reason I hate marketing and salesmanship. Some company use to give salespeople high target that is not easy to be achieved. Through this process, they use and dump most of the sales reps. It is quite disheartening .
That's true, it also happenes here. Many resigned because they can't meet the quota or target, so there's no salary for them only daily allowance.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
Any job that has to do with marketing and sales, just count me out. I can't do it. Those targets are given regardless of the conditions out there and you must meet it.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.340
Raw Dex
$0.105
A salesperson who cannot reach his/her sales quota constantly may lose confidence in his/her work ability. It also affects the income of the sales person. Management should give it some thought if such situation exists. Is it due to the product's quality, insufficient training or other external market factors. Once the problem is identified, actions should be taken to rectify the situation.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
A salesman must schedule their day so that it includes client research, team members should be always be well-equipped to meet the objectives established for them in order to fulfill their goals

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
That's true, it also happenes here. Many resigned because they can't meet the quota or target, so there's no salary for them only daily allowance.
I agree with you. I used to be a supervisor in a sales company before. The salesmen that I am handling are just staying in my team to support me. However, they cannot sustain the ability of meeting their quotas and resigned afterwards.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
I think the company should also need to provide the necessary tools that will help the workers to do the work perfectly and be able to meet the target as required

Back