What is your preferred salary system, daily, weekly or monthly?

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.280
I am someone that loves to havw money in my pocket all the time. That is why I would prefer a daily paid job. It gives me a lot of confidence when I have money on my pocket and this is hardly obtainable with monthly income.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
I am someone that loves to havw money in my pocket all the time. That is why I would prefer a daily paid job. It gives me a lot of confidence when I have money on my pocket and this is hardly obtainable with monthly income.

That's true, but the daily salary system also has drawbacks, if we don't work that day then we don't get a salary. That's what usually applies here, even if the excuse doesn't work because of illness, you still don't get paid.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.280
That's true, but the daily salary system also has drawbacks, if we don't work that day then we don't get a salary. That's what usually applies here, even if the excuse doesn't work because of illness, you still don't get paid.
That is the downside of daily pay. With monthly pay, you can ask for off days and that was would not affect your monthly income unlike daily pay which affects.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my country there are several salary systems that are usually implemented by companies/businesses, usually daily, weekly and monthly. Where I work, I usually pay a monthly salary, but if we need money, we can take a bill (money is taken before payday), but the bill cannot exceed the balance of salary we have at that time. If you are an employee, what kind of salary system do you want?
Monthly payment is the best I think ,well to me, I think it enhances saving more than the other payment schemes, payment on a daily basis doesn't seem easy to save but more easier on a monthly basis

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.070
Monthly payment can help you plan. I think to avoid debts, bi weekly payments is the most acceptable way of making payments. It gives a balance between monthly payments and weekly or daily payments.

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I like getting paid weekly. That's because I want cash flow. When money comes to you regularly, you can easily save as well as invest. By the way, monthly salary is also good.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.000
I like getting paid weekly. That's because I want cash flow. When money comes to you regularly, you can easily save as well as invest. By the way, monthly salary is also good.
Yeah, it's also nice if you could save on a weekly basis .well, I think it all depends on the individual himself , even if it is on a daily basis you should have the percentage that will go into savings.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$5.083
I prefer twice a month: 15th and 30th day. If I am having a side-hustle, I prefer to have it daily or every week. At present, my regular job pays twice a month. The part-time one is also the same thing.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.340
Raw Dex
$0.105
Most companies in my location pay employees on a monthly basis through auto pay, that is, directly transfer the money into your bank account. If payment is made daily, the staff responsible for payroll will have a lot of work to do.

flower

Notable
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.004
Raw Dex
$0.001
It depends on the company and what you negotiated with it. And all the payment systems have their advantages and disadvantages. I personally prefer the monthly payment because it helps in planning.
It is true that all the payment types have their advantages and disadvantages and it depends on individual preferences as well.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
Most companies in my location pay employees on a monthly basis through auto pay, that is, directly transfer the money into your bank account. If payment is made daily, the staff responsible for payroll will have a lot of work to do.
Most companies in my country also pay monthly salary. But I would love the hourly pay used in some countries as it would make a Staff to get more value for his efforts.

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't believe in living off pay check but if I am to choose I will say I prefer weekly salary to that of monthly or daily as it is the closest to profit

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.641
I am a freelancer, so I tend to receive money in many ways. I work on many sites and a few of those sites have a payday. They pay on those specific days and I am fine with that.

flower

Notable
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.004
Raw Dex
$0.001
I have always preferred to receive my salary on a monthly basis because I love to receive payment in big amount so that I can use it to carry out substantial project.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Yeah this sometimes depends on the company and what they promised or negotiated with any employee. it will be better to have the discussion with them on time before starting out

What I know for sure is that I will not be comfortable with receiving a daily pay when it comes to my salary because that is a very high chance that I'm going to find a very difficult to save the money.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.443
Definitely, to carry out a substantial project. it is always preferred to receive one's salary on a monthly basis because you would receive payment in big amount that will be useful

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.003
In my country there are several salary systems that are usually implemented by companies/businesses, usually daily, weekly and monthly. Where I work, I usually pay a monthly salary, but if we need money, we can take a bill (money is taken before payday), but the bill cannot exceed the balance of salary we have at that time. If you are an employee, what kind of salary system do you want?
Well it all depends on people's preferences, but personally I would prefer earnI my salary or having my salary being paid on a weekly basis, because daily basis, I might be tempted to spend it anyhow, while on monthly basis I might borrow money to augment while I wait for the payment, so o prefer weekly basis.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.641
Your last line is apt. Definitely People that earn daily don't know how to save. you just believe you would make more money tomorrow so you just spend as the money comes daily

I think that a wise person always tends to manage money daily in a regular manner. Managing money could be a difficult aspect of finance. You have to make sure that you manage your expenses well. This also involves accounting and keeping a strict record of expenses.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
Well it all depends on people's preferences, but personally I would prefer earnI my salary or having my salary being paid on a weekly basis, because daily basis, I might be tempted to spend it anyhow, while on monthly basis I might borrow money to augment while I wait for the payment, so o prefer weekly basis.
That's right, I agree with you. Weekly salary is the most suitable for me for the same reason as you. I can manage my money better if my salary is paid weekly. I'm not easily tempted to buy things I don't need and I don't get into debt easily either.

Back