Who wants to be still employed after 60?

misha

Notable
Dec 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
belated happy birthday.. first of all congratulation you have completed 60 age and still working i think as long as we are capable of handling thing mentally and physically we should work.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Happy belated birthday. It depends on the kind of work I am doing at that time. But no matter the work I will like to retire at 60 so I can have enough rest

Thanks for the bday greeting. I am happy that you've set your mind to retire at 60. Wish you the best.
Post automatically merged:

Belated Happy Birthday. If given a chance, I would still like to work after 60 years old - maybe until 65 years old. Then I’d enjoy my retirement life.

Thanks for the birthday greeting. We have the same idea of still wanting to work after 60 until 65 and enjoy retirement. By then we could set at focusing and enjoying retirement, free time, go anywhere as long as we can.

Raja

Notable
Jun 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I do not think it is right for someone who has attain such age to look for employment because it is a stage where you would need to relax and rest.
What if you didn't have the funds to relax at that stage? Then you need to earn money or ask your friends and relatives for money which won't be a good idea.

puroypoi

Somewhat Known
Nov 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Just celebrated my 61st bday in December and I am thankful that I am gainfully employed at this age. I hope to retire at the mandatory age of 65. Some of my colleagues had already retired at 60 but some have gone back working again as teachers and consultants. Do you still want to be employed after 60? why and why not
Belated Happy Birthday! Should I have been employed, I also want to retire at mandatory age, but thinking about it, it keeps me asking myself, what to do after the retirement? I think as long as I can work, I will in order to fight the boredom of doing nothing after retirement and also to keep the flow of income continues.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't like the idea of being employed even at the age of 60. By then I should actually be making some passive income from my investments and businesses.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$6.293
Raw Dex
$0.050
Sorry to hear about being a diabetic person, so always monitor your blood sugar. When you retire, you can work online, and at least you are doing it now while you are still in your 40s.

Yes, I regularly monitor my blood sugar daily. I will work the whole time online after my retirement. My goal will be to earn at least half of the salary I getting at present. I know it will be a difficult taste but I will have to achieve it and survive.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Just celebrated my 61st bday in December and I am thankful that I am gainfully employed at this age. I hope to retire at the mandatory age of 65. Some of my colleagues had already retired at 60 but some have gone back working again as teachers and consultants. Do you still want to be employed after 60? why and why not
I will not love to be employed by 60. At that age, I just want to enjoy myself and enjoy the money that I have been making for years. I hope I achieve that

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
@relcap23 but you're still working in the same office so you won't get bored. But at 65 it's a mandatory to retire so expect for next episode being retired.
I
@relcap23 but you're still working in the same office so you won't get bored. But at 65 it's a mandatory to retire so expect for next episode being retired.
The older head of office will retire soon and that will leave as the oldest department head lol.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
I had kids early so that at that age, I would relax and just enjoy life. By 45, I should retire from active hustle and just rest. I just want to live long.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
I think want to be working even at 70. Work is just like hobby to me I don't like being idle I will really be boring

oldbuddy

Notable
Sep 13, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I retired at 62 to collect Social Security after I did some simple math. If I continued working my Social Security Benefit would have been higher, but I made enough working online when added to my lower benefit level to more than make up for the difference. Now I am 84 and not sorry I decided to retire early.

Carson20t

Notable
Sep 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.480
@relcap23 Wow, this is amazing and am inspired by you for such dedication and resilience to work for so long. First of all, I would love to hear what message you have for us who are in our youth age. What would you change about your financial outlook and portfolio if you could be given a second chance to relive your life?

As I am waiting for your answer I would say the indicators already show that man is wired in such a way that they are likely not going to be satisfied with whatever paycheck they receive even with increment because there will always be expenses that will seem to ensure that most of the money is exhausted. That is why it is not likely for one to be rich from an ordinary salary. I hope to be financially stable 5 years from now.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
I like how the public workers are compensated at retirement. This should be the same for private workers but no some entrepreneurs are just selfish

Back