Who wants to be still employed after 60?

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.230
Thanks for the bday greeting. I am happy that you've set your mind to retire at 60. Wish you the best.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks for the birthday greeting. We have the same idea of still wanting to work after 60 until 65 and enjoy retirement. By then we could set at focusing and enjoying retirement, free time, go anywhere as long as we can.
Happy Birthday to you in arreas and I wish you a long life and prosperity

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Belated Happy Birthday! Should I have been employed, I also want to retire at mandatory age, but thinking about it, it keeps me asking myself, what to do after the retirement? I think as long as I can work, I will in order to fight the boredom of doing nothing after retirement and also to keep the flow of income continues.
Good thought. As long as still able and capable of doing it and can still be employed.

I wouldn't like it because at the age of 60 the body would have got tired and it really needs a rest as a matter of fact.
For some people. reaching 60 means time to relax

Happy Birthday to you in arreas and I wish you a long life and prosperity
Thanks, may we all be prosperous.

@relcap23 Wow, this is amazing and am inspired by you for such dedication and resilience to work for so long. First of all, I would love to hear what message you have for us who are in our youth age. What would you change about your financial outlook and portfolio if you could be given a second chance to relive your life?

As I am waiting for your answer I would say the indicators already show that man is wired in such a way that they are likely not going to be satisfied with whatever paycheck they receive even with increment because there will always be expenses that will seem to ensure that most of the money is exhausted. That is why it is not likely for one to be rich from an ordinary salary. I hope to be financially stable 5 years from now.
There's always this thought that an employee will never become rich. An 8 hour job is tied up to a limited income. But there are options for young people to save and invest in other things to make an extra money.

Last edited:

oldbuddy

Notable
Sep 13, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I retired in September of 2000 and the other day I got a call from an old customer who just about begged me to come back to work and I am 84 years old and not in the greatest health, so I had to turn him down.

jetsaints30

Somewhat Known
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
A lot of people I know work at the age of 60 or older. As long as s(he) is physically fit, has the desire to work, I see no problem working at this age.
I think its wonderful to see people working well into their 60s and beyond. It shows that they still have a lot to offer and are still full of energy and vitality and besides, who wants to sit around all day if they dont have to?

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.230
I think its wonderful to see people working well into their 60s and beyond. It shows that they still have a lot to offer and are still full of energy and vitality and besides, who wants to sit around all day if they dont have to?
You are right but it depends on how healthy the person is because some people will not be healthy once they clock 60

Back