Working In a different country

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$7.163
Have you ever moved to a different country entirely due to work? What was your experience like and what was the most difficult part of it all? I have come across some persons who had to move away from their friends and loved ones to a far away county due to work, most of them said the only issue they had was being apart from their loved ones, while others said it was the difference in food habits and culture. Do you have any experience in this aspect?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$4.000
Raw Dex
$0.675
I have worked in Chang Chun city, North China. I was incited to teach there at Jilin University, but I gave up and went back home. I worked there as a Math teacher. I do not like their climate very cold and their apartment very dirty.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.225
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have worked in Chang Chun city, North China. I was incited to teach there at Jilin University, but I gave up and went back home. I worked there as a Math teacher. I do not like their climate very cold and their apartment very dirty.
A lot of people I know have always been running back home because of the climatic condition of the country they went to. if you csnt cope you would have to leave the job and the country.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Have you ever moved to a different country entirely due to work? What was your experience like and what was the most difficult part of it all? I have come across some persons who had to move away from their friends and loved ones to a far away county due to work, most of them said the only issue they had was being apart from their loved ones, while others said it was the difference in food habits and culture. Do you have any experience in this aspect?
I have a lot of people that have worked in a different country. They always go to countries like America, London and so. They do well with it

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.070
Raw Dex
$1.240
So you left only because of environment and weather or you faced any other problems? Do you know Chinese?

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$6.293
Raw Dex
$0.030
No, I haven't moved to any other country to work. My company asked me to go to Sharjah but I didn't because I was not allowed to take my family along with me. I know it won't be easy to adjust alone in a different country.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.070
Raw Dex
$1.240
It'll be quite challenging but some people are mentally ready to move to any country as they think about expansion even at the expense of comfort but as for me it's tough and I may not feel comfortable at that place

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$6.293
Raw Dex
$0.030
Yes, some people are mentally strong and they are affected even if they stay alone and have no one to talk to. I have many friends who settled to the US leaving behind their parents but still living there. I wonder how they can do that.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.070
Raw Dex
$1.240
Yes, some people are mentally strong and they are affected even if they stay alone and have no one to talk to. I have many friends who settled to the US leaving behind their parents but still living there. I wonder how they can do that.
It's tough but some manage it with ease or they are mentally so strong to do it. I also have friends that have moved to different parts of the world and are settled now but I am still not interested in doing that.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$6.293
Raw Dex
$0.030
It's tough but some manage it with ease or they are mentally so strong to do it. I also have friends that have moved to different parts of the world and are settled now but I am still not interested in doing that.

I got many offers to relocate to different cities in the country but I didn't as I never wanted to leave my native home and parents so I never accepted the offers. Maybe that's the reason I am behind in terms of salary from my friends

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.070
Raw Dex
$1.240
I got many offers to relocate to different cities in the country but I didn't as I never wanted to leave my native home and parents so I never accepted the offers. Maybe that's the reason I am behind in terms of salary from my friends
Yes these things do happen in our life and it becomes difficult to make a decision at that time. Some look at these as opportunity to grow and expand and some of us don't look at these opportunities and prefer to stay with our family.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$7.163
I have a lot of people that have worked in a different country. They always go to countries like America, London and so. They do well with it
That's pretty nice, where they able to adapt to their new location easily, or did it take time before they where able to adjust to things over there.

Augustus kparobo

Unfamiliar
Nov 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Working on another country will be an exciting experience for me, because they are so much more to acquire and learn but they are down side such as one might get home sick and feel lonely but the new experience and feeling are rather worth it for me

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
That's pretty nice, where they able to adapt to their new location easily, or did it take time before they where able to adjust to things over there.
They will definitely be able to adapt to the system of the new location but it is another thing to leave your family members behind

AmazingJob

Notable
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.760
No, I have not worked abroad. I have cousins who worked abroad. They started in Taiwan and HK, and then migrated to Canada. They said migrating to Canada is easy if they are in those countries. Maybe because of the policy. I have former workmates who migrated to Canada as well. Left their jobs, friends and families to live there and build another families abroad.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$4.000
Raw Dex
$0.675
So you left only because of environment and weather or you faced any other problems? Do you know Chinese?
The other problemd were the agency , the quality of their students, sanitation, foremost climate it's so cold there colder than in the United States during winter even spring and autumn. I studied Mandarin.

Back