Would you rehire a former staff who resigned voluntarily?

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Staff come and go in an organization. Some leave amicably while some leave in controversial circumstances. Supposing a former staff of yours who has resigned voluntarily reapplies to be hired again by the company. Would you rehire such a staff even if there was vacancy.

As for me, when you leave, you have left. You can't come back to the organization. I won't rehire you.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Rehiring a former staff who voluntarily resigned back to business depends on some certain conditions. I knew of a staff who was so instrumental to the success of his company, that when he resigned, he was called back as a consultant.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
Staff come and go in an organization. Some leave amicably while some leave in controversial circumstances. Supposing a former staff of yours who has resigned voluntarily reapplies to be hired again by the company. Would you rehire such a staff even if there was vacancy.

As for me, when you leave, you have left. You can't come back to the organization. I won't rehire you.
I can hire the staff if the person left politely and if the person has a good record in the company

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The staff might only be coming back because he or she doesn't have any option. Why would he or she come back to my organization as a stop gap solution. I won't rehire.

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000

If the employee left honourably without having any issues with the company, then if I'm to be in charge, and he or she wishes to come back, then I would gladly receive the employee with open arms.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I used to have one before. He didn't even ask permission if he goes out to apply somewhere and he only told me he's leaving. After more than a year he tried to be assigned again to my office but I refused. I told him that I need someone who can perform task on computer. He is now assigned with senior citizens affair

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020

If there is a good reason why the staff had to resign which I was informed then he came back after a while and wanted to get back into the organisation, I might consider him if he's good at his job.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If there is a good reason why the staff had to resign which I was informed then he came back after a while and wanted to get back into the organisation, I might consider him if he's good at his job.
There are cases like this especially if the employee is looking for greener pasture and our company is unable to provide. It happened to one of my staff. She was a good one but was not given a chance because of the limited position we can give her. When she signified she wants to come back I recommended she he accepted again being a great help to us. She realized the field on the other side is not greener than our field.

Johnson2468

Notable
Dec 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If the person is highly needed in the company I will rehire the person, but if I have seen a perfect or even a better replacement there may not be a need for the person again

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.513
I would hire them. I can't see any problem whatsoever I have not to hire the person who is competent and has a good working experience. It's a little bit hard to get such employees.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Most companies would not hesitate twice to rehire a worker who had voluntarily resigned. He had gone be that.
But situation does sometime change that an exworker might be considered for re-engage meant where situation demands.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
When in a business one has to be professional and not overpowered by the personal feelings and emotions. He might have resigned for some valid reasons and in a professional way. I won't mind rehiring the person if he can add value to the business.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.120
Raw Dex
$0.010
I don't think It would be a good idea to re-hire the person I sacked. There are many companies out there the person can try out. I will not even fancy the person again

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
I don't think It would be a good idea to re-hire the person I sacked. There are many companies out there the person can try out. I will not even fancy the person again
If I would have sacked the person, it would be for some reason. In that case, I would not consider rehiring him.
But here the thread is about one who has voluntarily resigned. Here my decision would depend on the reason of his resignation.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If I would have sacked the person, it would be for some reason. In that case, I would not consider rehiring him.
But here the thread is about one who has voluntarily resigned. Here my decision would depend on the reason of his resignation.
Yes. His reason for resignation needed to be considered before taking any action as to whether to rehire him or not. If it were for medical challenges and he is now medically fit, then there is nothing bad if he is considered for re-employment.

Back