Would you rehire a former staff who resigned voluntarily?

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.120
Raw Dex
$0.270
Well, it still depends on why the person voluntarily resign was it for greener pasture that didn't work according to plan I can't trust such a person to stay long with me again

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think I would not re-hire the person. There are many companies out there s(he) can work for. Why re-join a company s(he) has left. I would doubt the motive of the person.
Yes, I totally agree with you. Workers like this are usually selfish, loyalty to the company cannot be expected. He could go away whenever he wanted. I hate it happened in my company.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.120
Raw Dex
$0.270
A lot of workers are just self centred so loyalty to the company cannot be expected as such you have to let them go as they are usually selfish to others

puroypoi

Somewhat Known
Nov 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If there's no burning of bridges on both sides, and no stone left unturned, and if the resigned employees shows a good track record and relationships toward every individual in the company, then I would rehire the person who resigned previously. I'm grateful that there are employers that I previously have, that told me that I could return to them whenever I decided to return. And believe me it is a wonderful feelings you will meet such bosses like that.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I believe the first spell is always the best. Second chances don't always turn out well in most situations I see. The person won't be motivated again as before. And he would be feeling like one senior staff. I am not re-hiring please.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If he or she resigned because of personal issues, I can take him back. If I am sure the staff left to pursue another career or work in another place, I am so not taking you back.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
If the person is highly needed in the company I will rehire the person, but if I have seen a perfect or even a better replacement there may not be a need for the person again
If there is already a better replacement for that staff, I don't see any reason why this person should be hired to come and do something another person better suited to do the job have already started doing.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$4.135
Personally speaking, I will not rehire someone who resigned voluntarily. I would rather choose a new applicant. I cannot deal with these people who cannot be firm with their decisions.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.513
For me I would hire them. Provided they resigned voluntarily and they have no issues like bad record on the company I don't find any harm in employing them back.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Let it not be that you resigned your job and it did not favour you, that means you are just using my organization as backup on case of bad things and happenings. I would pursue you.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Well, it still depends on why the person voluntarily resign was it for greener pasture that didn't work according to plan I can't trust such a person to stay long with me again
Well, you need to understand that every individual wants the best for themselves. Seeking greener pasture is actually not a bad thing and if it doesn't work out there is nothing wrong in rehiring such a person. It is not betrayal.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It doesn't work that way. I can never rehire or reemploy someone who left voluntarily. Unless you left peacefully maybe for school or for any other good reason but if you left in anger, there's no coming back.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It doesn't work that way. I can never rehire or reemploy someone who left voluntarily. Unless you left peacefully maybe for school or for any other good reason but if you left in anger, there's no coming back.
Of course, leaving for school is also a voluntary resignation. I don't see nothing wrong in that even if you leave for greener pasture. It is all business by the way.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Of course, leaving for school is also a voluntary resignation. I don't see nothing wrong in that even if you leave for greener pasture. It is all business by the way.
If the person coming back would improve my business, I won't mind taking him back. This is business and not relationship. It is all about what I stand to gain as a business organization.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If the person coming back would improve my business, I won't mind taking him back. This is business and not relationship. It is all about what I stand to gain as a business organization.
Probably, it is always important and necessary to remove emotions while doing business. It is all about how to improve your business and not trying to do some relationships.

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
This is a situation where I would say that it depends on the person who resigned and whether they were an asset to the company or not before they did. If I knew the person well and I knew there was no motive behind them coming back due to another job not working out then I would re-hire them.

If I felt they had a motive which is why they wanted their job back, I would be concerned and would probably turn them down.

Back