Would you rehire a former staff who resigned voluntarily?

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.010
I don't believe in burning bridges. I would still hire such a person of I still need his or her services. It is good to maintain good relationships even with your ex employees.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I won't hire such a staff again. It could have a rub off on current employees who would believe that they can leave the company and come back and find their places intact.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There is nothing bad with having to hire a staff who voluntarily resigned ad there was a reason for it to happen in the first place and getting them back especially if they are performing well while at your organization.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.120
Raw Dex
$0.010
if you still need his or her services then why not. you can still hire such a person . I always believe It is good to maintain good relationships even with a previous employees.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
That is how it should be. The person may plan that things will go well for him but at the end of the day, those things may not go well as planned.
if you still need his or her services then why not. you can still hire such a person . I always believe It is good to maintain good relationships even with a previous employees.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.120
Raw Dex
$0.010
Sure, sometimes our expectations is far from our reality. you can't just predict the outcome of your decision. So if the person comes back it is to reassess it and take an informed decision

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
Sure, sometimes our expectations is far from our reality. you can't just predict the outcome of your decision. So if the person comes back it is to reassess it and take an informed decision
You may think that things will go right but you will be surprised by the outcome which is even far from what you have predicted. That is life for us but I hope it does not happen to us

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
As long as it is not for a selfish reason that the staff had to resign, I will always be interested in taking him back into the team.
How do you ascertain that the reason is selfish or not? For me, if it is not for a personal engagement that would disrupt your balance of at work, I would nor take your back because most employees resign because of promise of better pay elsewhere.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.365
Why not, if employees who have resigned voluntarily have good performance, are also honest, so they can be trusted to carry out important company tasks. especially if the employee has skills that are rarely possessed by others. We as business owners must also consider their reasons for stopping work, such as caring for parents who are sick, of course if their reason for moving to another company is of course we will reject it.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
No matter how hard it is to replace you, if I discern that the reason you want to resign is pay related and I try to placate you and you still go ahead to be resign. Forget it, you and I plus my businesses organization would never be in terms with you.

Gicel

Somewhat Known
Jun 21, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It depends on the situation. If he/she left in good terms it maybe worth rehiring them. But if not there is a chance they'll do it again.And they may feel even more comfortable leaving the second time since you'll rehire them if things don't work out.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
It depends on the situation. If he/she left in good terms it maybe worth rehiring them. But if not there is a chance they'll do it again.And they may feel even more comfortable leaving the second time since you'll rehire them if things don't work out.
The fact that they left our workplace does not mean we are enemies because they may even come back to help the company better so it is not bad to hire them again

henrytuedor

Unfamiliar
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
you can not bethat stingy people gi via a lot of things in life if you wont care for others just wait when you are in same situation people will not care for you as well then you will feel.howyou treated others in their low times actually .

moseschidera

Unfamiliar
Aug 17, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Personally I don't think there is anything wrong with rehiring a worker who voluntarily resigned before unless past record shows he or she is not that good with his service, but apart from that I will rehire such person.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
When we have workers, they are employees and not slaves. They have a freedom to go for another job for better opportunities and compensation. There is nothing ethically wrong with that. There is no labour bandage in this civilized world. As long as the professional ethics and rules have been followed before resignation, there is nothing wrong in rehiring him. Many people in corporate world switch jobs for better opportunities. And I know of few cases where people have joined back their previous employer when they had a good opportunity.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When we have workers, they are employees and not slaves. They have a freedom to go for another job for better opportunities and compensation. There is nothing ethically wrong with that. There is no labour bandage in this civilized world. As long as the professional ethics and rules have been followed before resignation, there is nothing wrong in rehiring him. Many people in corporate world switch jobs for better opportunities. And I know of few cases where people have joined back their previous employer when they had a good opportunity.
That depends on if the employee resigned on a very excellent note. When the staff resigned, did they leave the company stranded. If they did, no need to rehire them.

Fidelia

Unfamiliar
Oct 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I know that it is human nature to be bitter. But when it comes to business, I don't do it with emotions. If it is clear that the former staff would better the quality of my present workforce, I get him in as soon as possible.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
That depends on if the employee resigned on a very excellent note. When the staff resigned, did they leave the company stranded. If they did, no need to rehire them.
I have clearly mentioned that in my comments. I have said that as long as the employee had been professional and followed all moral and business ethics while resigning, there should not be any issues in rehiring him. Human beings are emotional and one can have bitter feelings if one of the good employees leaves the company for any reason including better opportunity outside. But for a business to run well, one has put aside such personal emotions and take decisions that will favour the business.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.338
I know that it is human nature to be bitter. But when it comes to business, I don't do it with emotions. If it is clear that the former staff would better the quality of my present workforce, I get him in as soon as possible.
Yes it depends on the qualifications and performance of the person. If the person was really good at what they do before and decides to come back i would accept them but would also monitor them to see if they are still good in what they do like before.

Back