Before you accept that job offer

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There are many things that you have to consider before you accept that job offer. First of all,
Ask why the former employee left: Try and do an investigation into why the former employee left the organization. It might just help you dodge a bullet.

Ask about off days: You have to be clear which days you would be working. So that they would not call you Sunday midnights to come and work.

Ask when and how they would pay you : You don't want your salaries to be delayed. And you won't want them to pay you through a means you are not comfortable getting salaries.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$4.790
Raw Dex
$0.008
Before accepting a job offer, you have to know the terms of your employment which should be listed out in your employment letter. They should include details such as your working days and hours; your salary; fringe benefits; paid annual leave and if are entitled to receive any year end bonus. You should also check the termination clause. That is, if you would like to quit, how many days of notice you need to give to your employer.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Don't let anything to chance or assume that it is fixed. Make sure every minute detail is ironed out and properly documented in your appointment letter. This is important for reference and enforcement purpose.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Before accepting a job offer, take time to understand the work ethics as well as the rules and regulations governing your workplace. This is the best time to relate your concerns and agree on something just before you resume. You don't need to go with the flow and be affected sooner or later.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.010
The most important thing is to ask how they will pay then check out the amount they want to pay if it will be ok for you compared with your initial work
When you say the most important thing is pay. What if they pay you well but the conditions of work are not favorable. Before taking a job,, you have to get your employer to agree to your special conditions.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.250
Raw Dex
$0.013
I agree with this you need to ask why the former employee left it is very important as you had stated It might just help one dodge a bullet to avoid a regret

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.010
I agree with this you need to ask why the former employee left it is very important as you had stated It might just help one dodge a bullet to avoid a regret
Let it be that the former employee left because he or she found something better. If the person left because of non payment of salaries, it is better you run for your dear life.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.250
Raw Dex
$0.013
Yeah this is why it is good to find out why the other person left . Sure Let it be that they left because they found something better than non payment of salaries.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
There are many things that you have to consider before you accept that job offer. First of all,
Ask why the former employee left: Try and do an investigation into why the former employee left the organization. It might just help you dodge a bullet.

Ask about off days: You have to be clear which days you would be working. So that they would not call you Sunday midnights to come and work.

Ask when and how they would pay you : You don't want your salaries to be delayed. And you won't want them to pay you through a means you are not comfortable getting salaries.
My salary is the most important thing for me in any job that I'm accepting. It's one of the first things that I will discuss and if it's not good enough to me, I will quit the process immediately.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.250
Raw Dex
$0.013
The reason people go seeking jobs is the pay before commitment so if the pay is not right then making money become a lot difficult so payment should be good

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
One must have an in depth analysis of the job offer. By accepting a job offer instantly he might have forgone the opportunity of seeking better job. He must analyse if the company can give more security in the long run.

Johnson2468

Notable
Dec 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When you say the most important thing is pay. What if they pay you well but the conditions of work are not favorable. Before taking a job,, you have to get your employer to agree to your special conditions.
It's not as if money will be the only thing you will look into, there are some necessary things you have to consider too before accepting a job, but I am just saying the pay is one of the important things you should consider

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000

All these terms you were enumerating above can only be done in developed countries. In Nigeria, who get time to start doing investigation before you accept job offers.
The offers that are competitive in nature and you are even lucky to be considered.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
All these terms you were enumerating above can only be done in developed countries. In Nigeria, who get time to start doing investigation before you accept job offers.
The offers that are competitive in nature and you are even lucky to be considered.
When I was an active employee, one thing I never failed to do was to always investigate why the other employee left. Jobs are scarce. Does that mean you should do a job that the boss use to owe salaries?

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is important to find out why the former person left so you won't have to pass through the same pain the former person experienced. So it's wise to know
Why bothering yourself about investigating why the former worker left?. You that suppose to be happy that there is a vacancy for you to be considered. In Nigeria, if you are treating your work with levity, there are thousands on the streets waiting to take up your work.

freelancermaria

Notable
Oct 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.170
Investigating a former employee could be beneficial. However, if the job offer meets my needs and requirements, I will gladly accept it. Because of the high level of competition, job offers are difficult to come by these days. So, I'd grab it.

Back