Before you accept that job offer

puroypoi

Somewhat Known
Nov 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I admire all the reasons that you have listed above. It somehow reminds me the younger version of myself, back when the times I'm still attending interviews for prospect employers, I always asked back at then, the reasons why the position was vacated, then I always consider only a 5 days work a week, and of course, I'm always curious if the salaries that they will give is the same ideal salary back at my mind.

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Wow wow , this is absolutely informative, most atimes why people get to accept any job given to them is due to frustration and the number of years they have had to stay before securing a job, so this can make them accept anything thrown at them.
There are many things that you have to consider before you accept that job offer. First of all,
Ask why the former employee left: Try and do an investigation into why the former employee left the organization. It might just help you dodge a bullet.

Ask about off days: You have to be clear which days you would be working. So that they would not call you Sunday midnights to come and work.

Ask when and how they would pay you : You don't want your salaries to be delayed. And you won't want them to pay you through a means you are not comfortable getting salaries.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
One must have an in depth analysis of the job offer. By accepting a job offer instantly he might have forgone the opportunity of seeking better job. He must analyse if the company can give more security in the long run.

This is something that is always made available in your employment letter which is why you have to study it very well to know exactly what is expected of you.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This is something that is always made available in your employment letter which is why you have to study it very well to know exactly what is expected of you.
Did you know that when I was offered a job in the government I did not know what I will do.. I ask for my task and I was told that I will help out in distributing Christmas gifts, and later on I was already joining election campaigns and rallies. Anyway I now hold a relatively high position and it proves that hard work pays off.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Investigating a former employee could be beneficial. However, if the job offer meets my needs and requirements, I will gladly accept it. Because of the high level of competition, job offers are difficult to come by these days. So, I'd grab it.
My brother, nobody has time to investigate why exworker left. The job you taking with levity hand would be taken over by another serious applicant. Employment in Nigeria is by opportunity and not by merit.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Before accepting a job offer you need to do a lot of research to make sure you're not making a mistake. I agree with you that it is important to enquire from someone who left that position.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Before accepting a job offer you need to do a lot of research to make sure you're not making a mistake. I agree with you that it is important to enquire from someone who left that position.
Enquiry after enquiry. What if you don't know the exworker who left, what would happen?. Or supposingly the exworker attempted to discourage you from taking the offer while you are unemployed, will you refuse it?.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.250
Raw Dex
$0.013
A lot of things to consider accepting a job offer means you must have assess the job properly to like it. You should like the pay before trying to start out

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
A lot of things to consider accepting a job offer means you must have assess the job properly to like it. You should like the pay before trying to start out
I'm sure you are not from part of my country. You may choice to select work based on their payments. We don't have such opportunities here. Any available jobs, you grab it. Some after employing you would still placed you on probation of 3 months with less salary. What would you do when you don't have option?.
Post automatically merged:

Investigating a former employee could be beneficial. However, if the job offer meets my needs and requirements, I will gladly accept it. Because of the high level of competition, job offers are difficult to come by these days. So, I'd grab it.
What if you don't know the exworker. Situation on the ground doesn't support or warrant investigation to be made. Everybody has its own taste. What if the exworker quitted because of salary offered?.

Last edited:

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.250
Raw Dex
$0.013
Yeah it is always good to be sure you woukd do the job offered than just accepting anything and you would start regretting at the end of the day it is good to get good jobs

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
My brother, nobody has time to investigate why exworker left. The job you taking with levity hand would be taken over by another serious applicant. Employment in Nigeria is by opportunity and not by merit.
First of all, your posts here is all about you criticizing Nigeria and all that. I think you are overdoing it. I criticize but subjectively. This is not a Nigerian forum. You need to have a world view of things when you are in an international forum like this. It is almost becoming terrible.

To the issue at hand, not everyone is desperate for jobs and I live in Nigeria. I have friends like me too. They would come to your organization and tell you how you should do things and if you don't do it their way, they leave you. And employers would beg those kind of staff because they are valuable. When you don't have value, they would use and dump you. Without seeming to brag, there are organizations that would pay me a premium to join their workforce. But I am not working for nobody. Build value around yourself and employers would beg you to work for them.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is important for you to be definite on what overtime entails. That's because employers find it easy to use time and exploit their staff. Don't assume anything. Make sure you discuss anything that bothers you.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Did you know that when I was offered a job in the government I did not know what I will do.. I ask for my task and I was told that I will help out in distributing Christmas gifts, and later on I was already joining election campaigns and rallies. Anyway I now hold a relatively high position and it proves that hard work pays off.

This is the same way it works in any kind of employment because whenever you are committed and dedicated and carrying out your work, you will definitely get promoted.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Enquiry after enquiry. What if you don't know the exworker who left, what would happen?. Or supposingly the exworker attempted to discourage you from taking the offer while you are unemployed, will you refuse it?.
That does not stop the fact that it is important and necessary for you to make investigations before you accept a job. You cannot just accept a job blindly.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is critical to look into the working condition before you accept any job.
Yeah, the working condition is very important and necessary to put into consideration before you accept any offer. when you stay in a bad working condition you will not be productive enough

uptrendfinancialsignal

Nov 24, 2022
Dex
$0.313
Raw Dex
$0.001
Yeah, the working condition is very important and necessary to put into consideration before you accept any offer. when you stay in a bad working condition you will not be productive enough
It is better to consider the working condition before you accept any job offer . It must be suitable for you in order to enhance your performance at work.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
That does not stop the fact that it is important and necessary for you to make investigations before you accept a job. You cannot just accept a job blindly.

If you accept any job blindly you are the one that is going to suffer the consequences because that business setup or company will always take advantage of you.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$5.348
In my country before a person accepts a job offer they are issued with a letter of appointment by the employer. The contents of the letter are the terms and conditions of the offer, the employment terms among all other details you need to know concerning the job. You are then given some time to read it very carefully and if you feel you can accept the offer you sign dully .

Back