Before you accept that job offer

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
One of the things you would have to find out is the leave and overtime policies. So that you evaluate if those policies would be favorable to you or not.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Before accepting a job offer, you have to know the terms of your employment which should be listed out in your employment letter. They should include details such as your working days and hours; your salary; fringe benefits; paid annual leave and if are entitled to receive any year end bonus. You should also check the termination clause. That is, if you would like to quit, how many days of notice you need to give to your employer.
It's true that I really agree with you, if necessary, there must be a black and white agreement. Because I had experienced a fraudulent employer, at first I entered promising a day off once a week, but the longer I worked there the more difficult it became when I wanted to take a day off. This is so unfair.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$1.295
Before accepting the offer, we need to review the contract. Then, if the contents are amenable to us, then we can sign it without any second thought. That is the best way for us to consider.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is better to consider the working condition before you accept any job offer . It must be suitable for you in order to enhance your performance at work.
Probably, suitable working environment is always important if you want to accept a job offer. If the working environment is not suitable it is not advisable to accept.
Post automatically merged:

If you accept any job blindly you are the one that is going to suffer the consequences because that business setup or company will always take advantage of you.
Probably, it is always very important to avoid businesses that take advantage of their employees. The employees are not going to grow at all.

Last edited:

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my country before a person accepts a job offer they are issued with a letter of appointment by the employer. The contents of the letter are the terms and conditions of the offer, the employment terms among all other details you need to know concerning the job. You are then given some time to read it very carefully and if you feel you can accept the offer you sign dully .
Sadly in my country, so many people are working without an appointment letter. That's because they are so desperate for a job that they fail to ask questions and follow due process.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The economic situation would determine factors to be considered while accepting job offers.
Situation is different in Nigeria. Here there is rushing in every job vacancies existing in companies.
Employers are in better position to dictate to the employees and not the other way round.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The economic situation would determine factors to be considered while accepting job offers.
Situation is different in Nigeria. Here there is rushing in every job vacancies existing in companies.
Employers are in better position to dictate to the employees and not the other way round.
You are always short sighted my friend. The world is beyond Nigeria. If you a victim of this, it doesn't define everyone in Nigeria. I dictate for employers in same Nigeria. Build yourself and carry value before going to look for work.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
In my country before a person accepts a job offer they are issued with a letter of appointment by the employer. The contents of the letter are the terms and conditions of the offer, the employment terms among all other details you need to know concerning the job. You are then given some time to read it very carefully and if you feel you can accept the offer you sign dully .

I'm very sure that this is the same thing in every country because there is no way you are going to be hired without being given a letter of appointment that shows that you're already being hired for the job to do.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.995
I think that cannot even work in my country. Here employment is very hard to find. So if you have been lucky to find one, you may not have time to question about it. What you always do is just to take the job as it is.

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Before accepting the job offer you have to ask S much questions reasearch about company ask them about salary work days weekends and .more it's very important when taking a job offer to make sure everything is good for you

uptrendfinancialsignal

Nov 24, 2022
Dex
$2.122
Raw Dex
$0.001
Before accepting the job offer you have to ask S much questions reasearch about company ask them about salary work days weekends and .more it's very important when taking a job offer to make sure everything is good for you
In addition to your statement, it is critical to understand the ins and out of the business and get to know what is really all about.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You are always short sighted my friend. The world is beyond Nigeria. If you a victim of this, it doesn't define everyone in Nigeria. I dictate for employers in same Nigeria. Build yourself and carry value before going to look for work.
Definitely, that fellow is something else. I can tell you that there are people who are very much valuable in the sense that they cannot stay a day without companies rushing them. It is all about your value and how you network and not sitting at the comfort of your home to complain about unemployment or jobs.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.120
You have to be definite about the terms. Get a contract and sign before you resume. Any job that can't give you an appointment letter is not worth it at all and would likely exploit you.

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
These are very important points, especially if you are working with entrepreneurs. If they have been having trouble with staff, payment or the success of the business, it will affect you too.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
These are very important points, especially if you are working with entrepreneurs. If they have been having trouble with staff, payment or the success of the business, it will affect you too.
Many workers do not have opportunity to decide their fate with their employers before they accepted the job offers. The fact that they would be able to work and be paid made them accept any conditions as stipulated by the employers.
In Nigeria, most condition of service are not that friendly.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You have to be definite about the terms. Get a contract and sign before you resume. Any job that can't give you an appointment letter is not worth it at all and would likely exploit you.
You are probably very right on this. it is always important and necessary to be definite about the terms and conditions attached to a business.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.523
By finding out all this information, it would help you decide if the manager or business owner is someone you can work with and if the working space is healthy for positive vibes.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yeah, it is important to find out whether the boss is someone who you can work with and grow. I always advise people to do works that allows them to grow in their career.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yeah, it is important to find out whether the boss is someone who you can work with and grow. I always advise people to do works that allows them to grow in their career.
And you can only find this out by asking people who are around the place. I once almost accepted a job offer only for ke to get told by the woman who sells fruits downstairs that the man always owes his staff.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
And you can only find this out by asking people who are around the place. I once almost accepted a job offer only for ke to get told by the woman who sells fruits downstairs that the man always owes his staff.
Yeah, asking current or former employees is still another good way in which you will know whether such a job is suitable for you. It is important to make research.

Back