Being poor: fate or choice?

Pousinha

Unfamiliar
Jan 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.090
For me I think being poor it's a fate. No one would really like to be a poor. Most people really do try as hard as possible but they would remain poor simple because things never work out for them.
I agree, even if I strongly prefer the word predestination to fate. If you try your best to improve your situation, but:
-plan n.1 fails...
-plan n.2 fails...
-plan n. 3 fails...
Well, when plan n.3 fails, I'd begin to think that choice has nothing to do, it's not your fault at all, but outdoor circumstances we can't control at all are the guilty. OK, maybe plan n.4 will work to not die in poverty, even if it won't make you wealthy.

Samuzor

Complete Stranger
May 20, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Actually, there are two scenerios of how poverty actually works(is), the truth is, if you are born poor, it's not your fault, you can't actually control your birth in anyway, but if you die poor, it's actually your fault, it's not fate at all. It's only fate if you where born with it

Bango

Notable
Jan 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
What is clear is that no one wants to remain poor and we all try, but for example, many forums have recently stopped paying users. Online income is becoming more limited day by day. It doesn't matter how hard we try

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.220
Sometimes is fate. I know few people who really don't have lucky in their life. To much debts and for some they are not fault. Health problems which cause losing job.

Bango

Notable
Jan 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Sometimes is fate. I know few people who really don't have lucky in their life. To much debts and for some they are not fault. Health problems which cause losing job.
In my opinion, luck definitely has a great influence in life. As you said, sometimes unpredictable problems happen in life that are beyond our control. That's why I don't think being poor is always your fault

Bango

Notable
Jan 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
We need to keep trying, there will be obstacles, bad luck but we need to keep looking for more ways to do well
I agree. It doesn't matter how hard life is. Either way, we have no choice but to keep trying. Maybe one day life conditions will go according to our wishes. hope for everyone

Pousinha

Unfamiliar
Jan 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.090
We cannot choose the level of our health (and less, our parents', grandparents', siblings', relatives'). If our health (and our family members') never gets into a reasonable range and we live in a country that doesn't know the term wealfare, all family's chances to live as poor people are high. And it's not our fault at all.

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It depends on the country you live in in some countries you can't do much about it but if you live in more developed countries you can definetly make more money you just need to try

Authenticity101

Somewhat Known
Aug 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Poverty is something that not anyone chooses. Most people find themselves in it because it was passed down to them, i.e generational poverty. They adopt mindsets and behaviours that are so hard to break yet they make them poorer. You can choose to break out of generational poverty by taking time to learn financial literacy.

Bango

Notable
Jan 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It depends on the country you live in in some countries you can't do much about it but if you live in more developed countries you can definetly make more money you just need to try
Yes, the country is very important. I see people say that even in underdeveloped countries you can make money if you are smart but I don't think so. Your destiny is not in your hands in these countries

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
I don't really know though, it might be faith that you where born into a poor family, but its your choice to accept that faith or fight it out and change it.

Bango

Notable
Jan 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
We cannot choose the level of our health (and less, our parents', grandparents', siblings', relatives'). If our health (and our family members') never gets into a reasonable range and we live in a country that doesn't know the term wealfare, all family's chances to live as poor people are high. And it's not our fault at all.
you're right. Yes, many people from poor countries became rich, but they became footballers or actors. Maybe you don't want to become a footballer and you want to earn a good income with a normal job, but in these countries, such a thing is not possible. Not everyone can become a footballer

Pousinha

Unfamiliar
Jan 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.090
Yes, sure: to become a footballer it's necessary inborn skills and unfortunately it's not everyone owning them. To become actors and actresses, skills are not the sole requirements, but favourable circumstances too (to be in the right spot at the right time). Better said, favourable circumstances are above all in this case. And in my former country, it's even very much worse: a woman, to become an actress, must get involved into prostitution first. No other way, if she doesn't come from a family of a politician or in any way a very powerful family. In my former country, meritocracy is unknown.
In an extremely corrupted country as my former one (less some autonomous areas), as I explained above, in fact it's pretty impossible to change your previous condition.

Bango

Notable
Jan 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes, sure: to become a footballer it's necessary inborn skills and unfortunately it's not everyone owning them. To become actors and actresses, skills are not the sole requirements, but favourable circumstances too (to be in the right spot at the right time). Better said, favourable circumstances are above all in this case. And in my former country, it's even very much worse: a woman, to become an actress, must get involved into prostitution first. No other way, if she doesn't come from a family of a politician or in any way a very powerful family. In my former country, meritocracy is unknown.
Yes, these things you say are completely true and exist in all countries. In general, I think it is not possible to get rich in some countries unless it is your destiny.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.778
I think both sides work in their own ways. This is because there are some poor that had chosen that way of life and some others that are poor because of the fate.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When it comes to money and earnings, there is nothing like fate. It is all down to how much you put in. If you put in effort with some sort of smartness, you would escape poverty.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.265
In my personal opinion, poverty is not a choice, because no one chooses his life to be poor, if we see people at the port they work hard, transport goods etc. but why are they not rich. I also can't say poverty is fate, but what often happens is that poverty doesn't have a chance or has neglected a golden opportunity.

Back