Being poor: fate or choice?

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.170
Raw Dex
$1.210
You might be fated to be born in a poor family, but you have a choice to become rich. If you cannot build wealth it is your fault and not your fate

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There is nothing as fate the reason a man or woman will be poor or rich, for humans can also change their fate with the decisions that they make on a daily basis and not just something that people call date. If fate says a man will be rich and he does not work for it then it would never happen. So nothing as fate in a man being poor or rich.

Pousinha

Unfamiliar
Jan 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.100
You might be fated to be born in a poor family, but you have a choice to become rich. If you cannot build wealth it is your fault and not your fate
Unfortunately, it can't happen in whatever country. If you are born in a poor family in the USA, yes, you can change your destiny, because the USA government doesn't create obstacles to whatever business initiative. USA government don't tax at the amount of 70% as it happens in my former country (cause such an unfair tax system, many businesses fail in my former country). In the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, north Europe, skills are valued and not the sole politicians acquaintances to get even a simple job, even as workman or a cleaning job, as it happens in my former country. Where no powerful acquaintances often means no job at all. In the USA you are not compelled to pay a shameful VAT of 4000 euros to become a simple blogger because in the USA (and surely, among all the other countries I named) you are not obliged to pay tax according to the nature of your occupation, instead of your income. Result: in my former country, a blogger that earned zero is compelled to pay that VAT worth of 4000 euro, plus compulsory accountant fees or the government will severely fine you. How can you change your destiny of a poor if you live in a such corrupted country? It's also to say, in addition, that inflation is high and in my former country it's 20 years salaries continue to be the same. The same small salaries. Now, in my former country there is a new government that wants to get rid of such a corrupted system fed by the left party politicians, but it's a terrible huge job, impossible to do during few years.

Bango

Notable
Jan 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I agree with those who say being poor is destiny. In my opinion, in some situations, it doesn't matter how hard you try. In the end, you might just be able to pay your bills

Pousinha

Unfamiliar
Jan 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.100
Yes, of course! A friend of mine says: when I'm able to pay my bills and the taxes and I also can purchase the basic to maintain my household (I would add educational services and tools, medical services and needed drugs too), I have all I need. I think my friend is right: in any way, being a bit poor or low middle-class is very better than being very poor or needy.

rubesh

Notable
Dec 18, 2022
Dex
$0.020
Raw Dex
$0.000
In some countries being rich or poor depends to a large extent on family background, gender, caste. People from rich and powerful communities are extremely aggressive and shameless in making fake allegations without any proof at all against harmless professionals to cheat, exploit and rob them for the rest of their lives and become richer.
yes, rich and poor people both have unique features that are easy to identify. Being rich and poor depends on your efforts too. We cannot come to a conclusion about rich people because everything depends upon situations.

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
People from some communities, women are often denied opportunities they deserved , especially if they work at home , in some cases, all the correspondence is robbed, so that no one can contact the citizen.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.170
Raw Dex
$1.210
Unfortunately, it can't happen in whatever country. If you are born in a poor family in the USA, yes, you can change your destiny, because the USA government doesn't create obstacles to whatever business initiative. USA government don't tax at the amount of 70% as it happens in my former country (cause such an unfair tax system, many businesses fail in my former country). In the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, north Europe, skills are valued and not the sole politicians acquaintances to get even a simple job, even as workman or a cleaning job, as it happens in my former country. Where no powerful acquaintances often means no job at all. In the USA you are not compelled to pay a shameful VAT of 4000 euros to become a simple blogger because in the USA (and surely, among all the other countries I named) you are not obliged to pay tax according to the nature of your occupation, instead of your income. Result: in my former country, a blogger that earned zero is compelled to pay that VAT worth of 4000 euro, plus compulsory accountant fees or the government will severely fine you. How can you change your destiny of a poor if you live in a such corrupted country? It's also to say, in addition, that inflation is high and in my former country it's 20 years salaries continue to be the same. The same small salaries. Now, in my former country there is a new government that wants to get rid of such a corrupted system fed by the left party politicians, but it's a terrible huge job, impossible to do during few years.
I am not aware of this kind of situation. Taxes are payable on your earnings, if a blogger did not earn anything how is is liable to pay 4000 euros? I cannot imagine a law like this one. When you live in a country where corruption is rampant, it might be a little difficult to build your wealth

Pousinha

Unfamiliar
Jan 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.100
I am not aware of this kind of situation. Taxes are payable on your earnings, if a blogger did not earn anything how is is liable to pay 4000 euros? I cannot imagine a law like this one. When you live in a country where corruption is rampant, it might be a little difficult to build your wealth
In fact, it's quite impossible to leave poverty in such a country. And yes, a blogger (and whatever professional) that earned zero is liable to pay a VAT worth of 4000 euros and also compulsory accountant fees that can rise up to another 3500 euros. And if he fails to pay, he'll be severely fined by the tax officers. That happens in a corrupted country where you are taxed cause the nature of your activity and not based on your income. Only the sick minds of south European politicians are capable to perform such a shame.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.010
It is so true that corruption hinders an individual's ability to make wealth. Only the few wouid be able to make wealth in such a country.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
When you are poor, successful people say it was your choice. However, many of you may have tried hard but did not get the results you wanted. I think it is a little cruel to tell someone it was your choice. What do you think now? In your opinion, if someone is poor, is it fate or the person's choices?
I don't think it can ever be somebody's choice to be poor but I think it is some people's fate to before but you can fight it and you can become a very rich person

Bango

Notable
Jan 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't think it can ever be somebody's choice to be poor but I think it is some people's fate to before but you can fight it and you can become a very rich person
Everyone hates poverty and I'm sure they try hard to get rich, but it's not possible for all people to get rich. In this case, wealth and poverty had no meaning and everyone was happy

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
Everyone hates poverty and I'm sure they try hard to get rich, but it's not possible for all people to get rich. In this case, wealth and poverty had no meaning and everyone was happy
It is true that everyone hates poverty but there are some people who are not even helping themselves by working very hard to make money. Some people are very lazy and they are not ready to work

Pousinha

Unfamiliar
Jan 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.100
It is true that everyone hates poverty but there are some people who are not even helping themselves by working very hard to make money. Some people are very lazy and they are not ready to work
Yes, lazy people unfortunately exist. But unfortunately, it also exist disadvantaged circumstances we can't overcome, as 100% corrupted politics. No mind how hard we work, how many hours per day, how good ideas we have, if inflation keeps on skyrocketing while politicians decide our salaries to stay the same amount of 20 years ago, as it happens in my former country. Lot of people in my former country see themselves forced to all life singleness cause this mishap. It's impossible to maintain one's own family with a salary not even covering the maintenance of a single man or a single woman. And you can't open your own business cause the unfair tax system (you must pay a VAT worth of 4000 euros plus compulsory accountant fees even when your earnings are zero). And when you earn, 70% of your earnings goes away to pay other governmental taxes. To not talk about if you don't have a good amount of money, in my former country you can't open any business of any sort. You must pay for administrative licence for every kind of business, even the smallest, very different from my current country. And it often happens the Major House refuses you the licence for trivial reasons. How to become rich, if you live in a such shameful country and you were born in a poor family? In such condition you can't even become lower middle-class, this is the sad south European reality, until the new governments can be able to reverse a such unfair system implemented decades ago.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
Yes, lazy people unfortunately exist. But unfortunately, it also exist disadvantaged circumstances we can't overcome, as 100% corrupted politics. No mind how hard we work, how many hours per day, how good ideas we have, if inflation keeps on skyrocketing while politicians decide our salaries to stay the same amount of 20 years ago, as it happens in my former country. Lot of people in my former country see themselves forced to all life singleness cause this mishap. It's impossible to maintain one's own family with a salary not even covering the maintenance of a single man or a single woman. And you can't open your own business cause the unfair tax system (you must pay a VAT worth of 4000 euros plus compulsory accountant fees even when your earnings are zero). And when you earn, 70% of your earnings goes away to pay other governmental taxes. To not talk about if you don't have a good amount of money, in my former country you can't open any business of any sort. You must pay for administrative licence for every kind of business, even the smallest, very different from my current country. And it often happens the Major House refuses you the licence for trivial reasons. How to become rich, if you live in a such shameful country and you were born in a poor family? In such condition you can't even become lower middle-class, this is the sad south European reality, until the new governments can be able to reverse a such unfair system implemented decades ago.
People are very lazy and they will still not blame themselves for being poor
Those kind of people will be the ones who blame the government for everything and it should not be like that

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.480
Those poor people are lazy and they only like to have a baby factory, 8 kids, 10 kids, 12 kids, how could they be not poor? It is not fate, they lack the initiative to make their living good.

enehemie

Complete Stranger
Apr 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I dont think its fate alone or choice, maybe a mix of both is what cause it. If you have good planning and work hard you still need some luck for it to work and earn enough money, you will also need customer and poeple who believe in your abilities..

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
Those poor people are lazy and they only like to have a baby factory, 8 kids, 10 kids, 12 kids, how could they be not poor? It is not fate, they lack the initiative to make their living good.
It is not fair and there are times when you hear some stories like some people kidnapping some girls and using them to boost their baby factory business which is not a good thing

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.480
It is not fair and there are times when you hear some stories like some people kidnapping some girls and using them to boost their baby factory business which is not a good thing
That would surely happen to lazy people. They better till the soil to plant good productions or do laundrying to well off families than suffer starvation.

Back