Is it wrong to take up industrial action against your employer?

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Some people in the private sector are scared of their employers for fear of being sacked. They don't believe in fighting their employers for what is right.

Is a strike a bad thing to embark on if the organization is not living up to its requirements. For me, I don't think it is a bad idea.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is not a bad idea but employees must weigh his options. In countries like Nigeria, where there is no law and corruption is widespread, to get justice is absolutely difficult. If it is civilized countries, it is a good idea to stand your ground and fight

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
The truth of the matter is that these people are seriously dependent on their jobs so they are seriously scared to even take action when it comes to working .

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.530
Raw Dex
$0.015
Reporting an employee isn't a bad idea but employees must be very careful and weigh all options available. but In civilized countries, it is a good idea as one will get justice.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Some people in the private sector are scared of their employers for fear of being sacked. They don't believe in fighting their employers for what is right.

Is a strike a bad thing to embark on if the organization is not living up to its requirements. For me, I don't think it is a bad idea.
As long as I am carrying out my duties the way I'm supposed to carry them out and the management is not doing what they're supposed to do for me, I am definitely going to initiate a legal action against them.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
it is not a bad thing for you to take industrial action against your employer. Workers have been doing that for ages and it works for them.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
it is not a bad thing for you to take industrial action against your employer. Workers have been doing that for ages and it works for them.
It doesn't work in Nigeria dear. Can you remember how the government threatened and pocketed university lecturers some few months back for going on strike?

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490

I do not see it as a bad idea. It is a normal thing that happens in businesses.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.020
Raw Dex
$0.008
I understand it depends on the situation of individual countries. In general, I think workers have the right to protest or launch a strike if they think they are being treated unfairly. The employer should negotiate with the employees to solve the matter. In my location, when the employer and employees cannot reach a consensus, a representative from the Labor Department will step in and act as the mediator.

Elendu

Unfamiliar
Jan 27, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Consider the potential impact of the industrial action on both the employer and the workers. This could include the impact on the company's reputation, the potential loss of income for workers, and the possibility of the dispute escalating.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Consider the potential impact of the industrial action on both the employer and the workers. This could include the impact on the company's reputation, the potential loss of income for workers, and the possibility of the dispute escalating.
So what would you advise that workers should do to call the attention of the employers to the issues they want addressed after they have exhausted all diplomatic processes.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It doesn't work in Nigeria dear. Can you remember how the government threatened and pocketed university lecturers some few months back for going on strike?
I think certain amount of money were paid before the lecturers agreed to the deal. An industrial action is always needed so that the government can do the right things.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think certain amount of money were paid before the lecturers agreed to the deal. An industrial action is always needed so that the government can do the right things.
The issue of salary arrears, the government told them they would not get a dime. And till now, they haven't gotten a dime. And they can't do anything because a court order told them to go back to work.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The issue of salary arrears, the government told them they would not get a dime. And till now, they haven't gotten a dime. And they can't do anything because a court order told them to go back to work.
The whole issue is very much tiring. I hope as a new government comes then new amendments will be made. Let's just watch and see how things unfolds.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.530
Raw Dex
$0.015
I don't think this is wrong but one has to be careful because if you take up an industrial action against your employer. you might be victimized. so do it with sense.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't think this is wrong but one has to be careful because if you take up an industrial action against your employer. you might be victimized. so do it with sense.
The thing is that your industrial action should be justified. You can't just wake up and take industrial action for nothing. Let it be something that the masses can fight for you.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.530
Raw Dex
$0.015
Sure, that's it but no sane worker would just wake up one day to take ndustrial action against an employer if it isn't justifiable. it will be on something worth a fight

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Sure, that's it but no sane worker would just wake up one day to take ndustrial action against an employer if it isn't justifiable. it will be on something worth a fight
It is possible. Some workers can just demand for higher pay that might not be worth it and before you say jack- they are doing protests and strikes against the organization.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
This is one of reason why you must make sure to have enough proof before doing something like that otherwise it's not going to end well.

Back