AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.483
I have stayed here and every other place I am in that if you strive to live within your means, you would stay debt free. If you don't, you would incur huge debts.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$3.105
Raw Dex
$0.003
Borrowing money is not as bad as many people think but I try my level best to keep myself away from it. For this we need to save money when we remain in good financial condition.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have stayed here and every other place I am in that if you strive to live within your means, you would stay debt free. If you don't, you would incur huge debts.
Probably, whenever you cut down on your expenses and lifestyle you will stay out of debt actually. If you want to go into a business you can do personal savings and use it to venture into it.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I stay away from borrowing by making sure that I do not borrow money in the first place. This is the best way to remain debt-free.
This is actually true. You will not go into debt if you don't borrow money in the first place. If you have enough money before venturing into a business, you don't need to borrow.

Johnson2468

Notable
Dec 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is not a bad idea to borrow when you have assets and some more money already.This is because you are bondable or not a liability.Also you have to know why you are borrowing as to whether it is for consumption or investing why because you need to make a clear plan as to how to return that money.

So it is good to borrow when you have an absolute idea on how you are going to return that money.
It is not a bad idea if you borrow to invest in a business you know about well

Knowledge Quest

Notable
Sep 21, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
One of the best ways to stay away from borrowing money is to create and stick to a budget. Establishing a budget can help you identify where your money is going, and how you can prioritize saving up for things you need. Additionally, it can help you identify ways to cut back on expenses and put more money towards savings. You can also consider setting up an emergency fund or savings account that you can pull from in case of an unexpected expense. Finally, if you are in need of money, consider other alternatives such as asking for help from family and/or friends, or taking on a side hustle to bring in more income.

Edulady

Notable
Jul 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I avoid debt by living within my budget. And i always make sure i make rom for the unknown so that if something pops up that i didn't budget for i can still be able to handle it without having to borrow money.

oldbuddy

Notable
Sep 13, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
We work together as a couple to avoid debt and support each other. One huge advantage is we always keep $25,000 to $35,000 in interest bearing savings as an emergency fund, make sure our medical insurance is paid up at all times and get by with one car and one insurance, shop thrift stores for good used clothing and household goods and earn extra pocket money online.

Elendu

Unfamiliar
Jan 27, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Here are some ways to avoid borrowing money:

1. Create a budget: This can help you keep track of your income and expenses and make sure you have enough money to cover your needs.
  2. Live within your means: Avoid overspending and try to save as much money as you can.
  3. Build an emergency fund: Having an emergency fund can help you cover unexpected expenses without having to borrow money.
  4. Prioritize paying off debt: If you already have debt, focus on paying it off as soon as possible to avoid accruing more interest.
  5. Consider alternative options: Before borrowing money, consider other options such as cutting expenses, finding ways to increase your income, or negotiating with your creditors.
  6. Be mindful of loan terms: When borrowing money, make sure you understand the terms and interest rates, and avoid taking on more debt than you can afford to pay back.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.380
Raw Dex
$0.005
I always keep track of my expenses. I never buy things I cannot afford. I do use credit card for cash back and rewards. I always pay the credit card bill on time to avoid paying interest and penalties.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.483
To avoid borrowing, one can prioritize saving, reduce unnecessary expenses, increase income through a side hustle or taking on a higher-paying job, and limit large purchases until they can be paid for in cash. It can also be helpful to create a budget and stick to it, and to avoid impulse spending.

Back