Is credit good in business?

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.015
I'm very sure that another day will come, he will need help but he won't be able to come to you because he broke the trust you have for him
I am not interested to see him again even his shadow. If he wants to pay pay, he could send it through Western Union, but I doubt if he has the feeling to pay me.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.150
It needs to be managed because selling on credit has its issues too as we may be out of money to place new orders if our customers don't pay us on time

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.410
I think it depends on the situation and circumstance. If you are selling food and you have a certain neighbor so hungry, it will be inhuman of us if disallow the hungry neighbor to buy in credit. But if it always happens and no single payment is made, that neighbor needs discipline by refusing to purchase food on credit. For a big sore, unless that customer already built good friendly relations, a good creditor, no reason to refuse, so it is case to case. What about your observation in your community?
Once in a while is okay. If there is prompt payment too, any business owner would give things out on credit.

There are some people I do refuse credit simply because of their history, no matter how desperate they seem to be.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
Of course, credit sales are highly recommended to speed up sales and inventory turnover, but on the other hand, you also need to provide credit sales, but businesses must be able to determine the maximum amount of credit sales, for example, only providing credit sales of 20% of total sales.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Though it is common saying in Nigeria that "no credit today, come tomorrow". Yet, a viable company must make provisions for debts in its business operations as not all their customers would make outright payments for all their purchases.

Back