Is credit good in business?

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Credit is good but should be managed very well. Not all customers would be able to pay for their goods. But credit should only be allowed to good customers.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That may actually be a tricky situation, but as a business person you have to make it clear that you don't give things on credit. That can be detrimental to your business success.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.770
I believe that credit should be avoided whenever possible, I believe that it is better to try to have your reserve or emergency funds before going into debt

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
It is not bad to give credit to customers who you trust that they would definitely pay you back. I don't mean people whom you are not sure of.
It is very sad that the people you sometimes Trust will still be the one that will disappoint you so just be careful of how you sell your goods on credit

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.653
Some people in my city love to use their credit cards without any limitations. I think it is a good business because they will be in terrible debt. For me, I never had one and not my option to have.
It's so crucial to have debt especially from the bank for it charges double once failed to pay in a month. If the debtor cannot pay the property that is served as a collateral will be confiscated.
Post automatically merged:

Credit is good and useful to get more business but if you keep giving things on credit then it will be tough for you if you are unable to recover those funds
Credit is good but we need cash. Let us not get used to credit. It may become our bad habit that despite we have money, we opt to borrow because we want to see our money all the time:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$3.715
Raw Dex
$0.003
Sure ,Credit destroys business and the owner of business should know this and try to avoid too much credit sales. Credit sales make the business money to be tied down by debtors

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Sure ,Credit destroys business and the owner of business should know this and try to avoid too much credit sales. Credit sales make the business money to be tied down by debtors
Definitely, this is one of the major reasons of people do not like selling their products to their family and friends because they may always demand credit sales which may affect the business on the long run.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I think it depends on the situation and circumstance. If you are selling food and you have a certain neighbor so hungry, it will be inhuman of us if disallow the hungry neighbor to buy in credit. But if it always happens and no single payment is made, that neighbor needs discipline by refusing to purchase food on credit. For a big sore, unless that customer already built good friendly relations, a good creditor, no reason to refuse, so it is case to case. What about your observation in your community?
If it's possible for me to eliminate the selling of my business product and services on credit, it is something that I will be open to doing because it doesn't help a business at all in any way.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.653
Those who purchased on credit and didn't bother to pay cannot anymore come back and if meet them somewhere, they cannot look at me straight to my eyes, They will see my tiger look.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
If it's possible for me to eliminate the selling of my business product and services on credit, it is something that I will be open to doing because it doesn't help a business at all in any way.
It is something that a business owner cannot do without but we should make sure that we do not sell too much of our goods on credit so that we will not go bankrupt

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Indeed @Bisolami giving credit to customers are not for business, if we give customers that they will drag us into something bad, been there done that, and still i dont get my money until right now (its a lot of money for me), Always say NO to credit even the customers are someone we know

Back