Would you rehire a former staff who resigned voluntarily?

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Business is all about interests and when once a big business drops interests and picks up sentiments, it won't work well for the business. I would have to make a decision like this with the interest of the business in mind.
Definitely, if you're taking a decision as a business person the interest of your business should always come first. That is exactly how successful business people think.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.710
As long as they will help during election politicians will hire non competent people, that's the reality in local government. There are even employees here who logs in and out only and alleging they are doing research works, how can they do research works when they're not competent.
They're useless beings corrupting themselves despite knowledge if incompetence continues to receive money without contributions. They do not have conscience and God in their lives. They practice corruption.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
They're useless beings corrupting themselves despite knowledge if incompetence continues to receive money without contributions. They do not have conscience and God in their lives. They practice corruption.
Very true.. But we cannot do anything because it's the order of their boss. The boss signs their daily time time record. I am always vocal about my criticisms but we're not honorable lol, we're only career workers we're not honorable.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.710
Yeah, that's the bad image of our politics. Just do your work and let the time punishes those abusive politicians. Those people too tolerated their abuses. They are shameless and that is because they have big fish .

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
It also depends on how such staff leave. If it was a well discussed matter between the staff and management, it is easier for the staff to be rehired. If he or she just ghosted the organization, no way for him.

Some stuff can actually be very selfish when it comes to looking after their own interests without considering the company and if that is the case, there is no point in giving the person another opportunity.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Some few weeks ago, my former boss called me to ask how I am. And if I am engaged at the moment. He told me that the door is still open for me anytime I am free and intend to return.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yeah, that's the bad image of our politics. Just do your work and let the time punishes those abusive politicians. Those people too tolerated their abuses. They are shameless and that is because they have big fish .

Very dismal indeed. Politics is always the agenda, and people ride on it. Some politicians think that their position makes them head of a business and they decide. I am not only talking of the executive but more in the legislative.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.710
Both of them local and national are doing monkey businesses. They abuse their power. Then the public just keep their blind eyes afraid to be harmed. This seems a forever political sicknesses.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
As long as we allow vote buying during election all the crooks will be there. The forthcoming barangay election in October will be another showcase of political maneuvers in the lower level... Barangays are supposed to be apolitical but political personalities are involving in it even giving monetary support to their bets. The barangay elections served as the benchmark of the mayor as to his influence in tha barangay.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.710
That would surely be the picture during the barangay election. It's a waste of money. Better spend the money constructing public schools for kids who live far away from public schools. Their intentions are so obvious for personal gains.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That would surely be the picture during the barangay election. It's a waste of money. Better spend the money constructing public schools for kids who live far away from public schools. Their intentions are so obvious for personal gains.
Barangay officials should be appointed based on credentials. Corruption begins at this level. Election violence are prevalent during barangay election. I am with you that school. infrastructure should be prioritized, though we see some teachers going to different places enjoying in the guise of benchmarking lol and of course using public money sponsored by the politicians lol.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Both of them local and national are doing monkey businesses. They abuse their power. Then the public just keep their blind eyes afraid to be harmed. This seems a forever political sicknesses.
the same thing is also applicable to many countries of the world. Most of the politicians are just very corrupt and the citizens are afraid to speak in order not to be harmed.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
the same thing is also applicable to many countries of the world. Most of the politicians are just very corrupt and the citizens are afraid to speak in order not to be harmed.
Yes, the politicians will make it hard for those who criticise them... They will use their power to get back to their opponents and critics.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.643
It depends, if the employee is good at what he or she does, then i do not mind hiring them again. but before that i would find out why they are coming back and how long they plan on staying.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes, the politicians will make it hard for those who criticise them... They will use their power to get back to their opponents and critics.
Probably, many politicians do not like criticism because it will make their followers to lose faith in them. That is why they do everything possible to retain power.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.643
The staff might only be coming back because he or she doesn't have any option. Why would he or she come back to my organization as a stop gap solution. I won't rehire.
I think it still depends though, there are some who had no choice but to leave maybe due to the fact that their family was relocating to another place, the worker was about going to school. In such a case i really do not see anything wrong, especially if the worker have been doing well.

Samuzor

Complete Stranger
May 20, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It won't matter to me as an employer, if you want to reapply, so far you were productive, I am of the interest of the growth of my company, so it depends

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Probably, emotions should not be brought in when it comes to running businesses. If they are people that can do the job perfectly then rehiring them is the right thing to do.

Back